Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
My name is John.
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, I have an interview with Sears today for a Sales Position. Anone hav any ideas of what i should prepare for?? I went online and read the return policy, and I also noticed they are big right now on pushing credit cards and such.

When I go into the interview what should I expect? I've had the same job for the last two years, and have never had an actual interview. The last job I got hired because they really were short on work, then I ended up doing well, so they kept me instead of the replacement :)

Any help is appreciated :bigthumb:

·
Oh Hai.
9,785 Posts
Just be yourself. Every job I've had great interviews for, I was relaxed, and basically acted like I didn't care if I got the job or not. However, there is a fine line.

Just realize that if you don't get this job, it isn't the end of your life, you'll move on. It will help you calm your nerves. That, and have confidence in yourself and your ability. If you know you can do the job, tell them you can. Give examples of how you plan to walk right in and be a great asset to the team.

I've never applied for a sales job, but I've done plenty of sales in my past. Realize you are selling yourself. Like the line in Boiler Room, you are trying to sell yourself, they are trying to sell themselves reasons why they shouldn't hire you, either way, someone is going to make the sale.

Good luck! :)

·
Oh Hai.
9,785 Posts
Zbone said:
^^ not all of us are trust fund babies!! :malken:

:eek: Ooooooooo, snap! :laugh:

**edit** besides, a cheap new suit is always better than a cheaper USED suit from goodwill!! ;) (and no, i'm not joking!)

My trust fund started with not much more than a new 5th gen cost back in 2000. I've done a lot of work, made a lot of stupid decisions, but a lot more good decisions to get it where it is at. :)

·
Registered
903 Posts
malken00 said:
My trust fund started with not much more than a new 5th gen cost back in 2000. I've done a lot of work, made a lot of stupid decisions, but a lot more good decisions to get it where it is at. :)

I know, I'm just messin with ya... even though you called the suit I just bought "cheap"... even though it was. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts