Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't decide whether i want an Apexi N1 or Thermal. i like the ss, dual tip, and deep tone of the Thermal but the Apexi gives more hp gains. I do not like the look of the Apexi N1 but that maybe sacrificed if gains are more noticeable. Are the gains from an N1 more noticeable than Thermal?

I have aem cai, aem tru-power pullies and i ordered a greddy header. The exhaust is important to me, so i do not want to make a mistake. I would also like to add a hi-flow cat, if you guys think it is worth it. Your help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Having the Thermal makes me biased. I cannot comment on other brands. Also, how do you know what the "gains" are without dyno plots? Thermal has yet to release the data on their unit. Mine works as advertised for sound and build quality. I also wanted to have a sleeper look and the Thermal gives me that.

Just my humble 2 cents.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i did searching and i found that someone said the thermal gave them3-4 whp. i didn't see a dyno to back it up but that's what i read.

·
r.i.p. jape
465 Posts
if u like the look of the thermal get it. the n1 will make you want to shoot yourself on the freeway after a month.

(i used to have the n1, now i have mugen)

·
¡¡¡ǝɹǝɥ sɐʍ sdnʇuǝɯǝɔ
5,891 Posts
check similar post like this one before posting

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
The difference in gains between the thermal and N1 is very minimal if any at all. The only reason an N1 would be much more beneficial is if you are FI. I personally like the thermal much better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts