Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I pulled my engine (97 SH) a while back and had it rebuilt. I did take pictures during the removal and tried to label all the parts when I removed them but some were not documented propertly. I am now finally putting it back in and cannot remember where these parts go. Please see pictures below. Three of the parts are brackets and one is a rubber piece that feels and looks like the rubber piece you remove to check the ignition timing but is a different shape and slightly smaller.

Please help identify these parts and/or where they may go. I have the Honda service manual but without knowing what system they go to or where they may go approximately it is a very difficult task to look them up.

Also there is an engine ground wire that is listed as G101 for Manual with ATTS wiring diagram in the service manual. Does anyone know where this attaches to. It is near the thermostat and has 2 sets of 2 wires attaching to one semi-round attachment. I cannot clearly understand the bolt (ground location) that it is supposed to attach to from the pictures in the manual. It is part of the engine wire harness.

Thanks for your help. I can provide more pictures if necessary.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay I figured out where to mount the engine ground wire, and I figured out where the bracket in the first picture goes. Any ideas on where the remaining 3 parts go?

·
Granny Shifter
247 Posts
2nd pic, 2nd part, I think goes on the top right side of the valve cover and holds a PS hose. Unless you already have that there, then I'm thinking of a similar looking bracket.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
techalude, you were right. I found the location under the IM where that bracket mounts.

Lude Acts, that is what I thought at first but I have the other bracket already on the valve cover. They are very similar and both hold the PS line.

Thanks for your help guys. Any ideas on the little rubber piece??

·
Registered
47 Posts
techalude, you were right. I found the location under the IM where that bracket mounts.

Lude Acts, that is what I thought at first but I have the other bracket already on the valve cover. They are very similar and both hold the PS line.

Thanks for your help guys. Any ideas on the little rubber piece??
no problem mannnnn, um that little rubber piece got me, i have no idea at the moment :confused:

·
Registered
12 Posts
tha first bracket in you r second picture might be the one under IM to hold the little water horse or the wire harness and that little rubber piece can you post some more picture ?

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tha first bracket in you r second picture might be the one under IM to hold the little water horse or the wire harness and that little rubber piece can you post some more picture ?
Here are some more pictures of the black rubber unidentified part. As for the bracket you referred to, I know it attaches to the wiring harness but was unable to find the location on the engine that it bolts to. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts