Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone.

I suddenly feel like getting a faster car. If you haven't already known. I have a S model 4th gen lude. I recently got so frustrated about my lude's horsepower. To be honest, I might even wanna sell my lude for something else.

But, I just can't let it go coz I have put so much sweat and blood on it. I finally decided to keep it. Obviously, it comes down to one option, which is H22A swap. I don't really want something like superfast. I just want something that I can at least kill the mustang GT.

Anyway, here's my problem. I can only have $1500 slightly more or less. I am ok to do the swap myself but too bad I live in apartment and don't have any place to do.

So, I am just hoping you guys here can help me out to figure out a way to accomplish this mission. I am so desperate now about getting a H22A engine. I want it so badly that I can't even explain. I live in Louisiana. I don't mind to drive to neighbour states for the swap if it can be done within $1500 +/-. So, please help me if you are a mechanic or a person who has all the tools for engine swap. I will appreciate it so so so much!!!

Please... :(

Thanks.:bow:

·
Registered
777 Posts
i might be wrong but the engine its self is going to cost you just about that much, 1500. My total swap cost 4000, that was with a bb4 front clip shipped and an automatic to manual tranny swap, and have a shop do it.

so i'm not saying your going to be up near that range, just start pricing engines, get a good price, the look for the labor. the hardest part on my car was the clutch line had to be custom made, but if your car is manual then you shouldn't have a problem doing it your self. There is a wiring wire up in FAQ's might want to read that and gauge the difficulty for your self. But 1500 is do able if you do the labor your self, and find one hell of a deal on an engine.

now as a GT "killer", whats killing a mustang to you. They will still give you a run for your money with Vtec too, despite what others may say. Maybe my car is just slow::shrugs:: sure they are beatable but killing is all in the eye of the racer i guess.

by the way: good luck

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
yea you can do the longblock and keep your current tranny for that much. SHipping and fluids will use up the rest of that 1500$. If you lived in cali i could possibly help but your a bit far for me.

1200$ for the longblock and 300$ for misc parts and shipping. Im sure someone will be willing to help you as long as you bring the beer.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I've found some amazing buys for H22's on E-bay...might wanna try there. I've also seen longblocks, etc, on e-bay.

Give it a shot.
J

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
AtlLudeRider said:
i have a friend here in atlanta, GA that drop in engine for $400 and a place here to buy jdm h22a for 1500. check it out www.engineline.com ( i also have coupons that save $100)

Damn, if I would have read this while I was still livin' in Mississippi, I'd have hit you up for this deal. Do they ship engines at that price?

J

1 - 8 of 8 Posts