Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.. I need help!

The guy who owned my Lude before had this thing installed under the hood.. can any one tell me wut it is? He has aftermarket Alarm installed, could this be something form it?

Oh yeah.. since I'm at it... when I was adjusting my head light's projection today after replacing the H1 Bulb..(it blew.. again!!) I found the area near the header to be rusted.... (in the pic below..) should I be worried? or is it just nothing??

[This message has been edited by Harlem2k (edited April 03, 2001).]

·
Registered
154 Posts
Pic 1:
That looks like an 8 guage fuse holder and fuse. Thats all it is. Nothing big. Pretty good considering your alarm is using 8 guage wiring. :]

Pic 2:
Stock header is like that. Don't worry.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh Crap.. haha.. Opps... I wanted to Edit it.. not post it twice.. dang... must have pressed the wrong button.. sorry guys

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
in the first pic... all i can say is that that part is no big deal to worry over about. i dont have my helms with me since im at school. but me and ODL did take off that part in that circle and even pulled apart the clips while installing my zex cpu.

the second pic is normal if its stock headers u have under there...

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
CURENT MODS:
-AEM CAI (silver)-DC Sports CC 4-2-1 Headers
-Tanabe Racing Medalion -Apexi V-AFC -autometer A/F gauge -autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit
HAVE AND INSTALLING SOON:
-UR pulleys set SS

screen name: CBFORMULA

·
12,807 Posts
Rich is definitely right in saying that it's an inline fuse. What gauge i have no idea, but it doesn't matter. And it isn't necessarily for the alarm, i'm assuming possibly the previous owner had either amps or a sub setup in the car and that is probably the power wire. Have you traced it to where it goes? Most likely when the guy sold the car he just took out the equipment but left the wiring intact. If ur bored, trace it along, and find out where it leads to (most likely through the firewall, and ends up either under the front seats (passenger), or under the rear trunk liner...). Also, check to see if there's still a fuse in there. Most likely, the owner just removed the fuse to stop the current and left the wires in the car...

------------------

·-÷• [email protected] •÷-·
'*·-÷• HA Chat ·-=-· Prelude FAQ •÷-·*'
'•A music video my woman appeared in•'

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ODL youre right man. I had also considered it to be some sort of power cord for some kind of amp or sub this guy used to have.
Cuz I was just cleaning my car the other day, and got bored and folded down the rear seats. Guess wut I saw? The same red wire along with tons of other audio cables un-plugged and just laying under those rear seats!

Oh yeah, and you were right about an other thing, there is no fuse inside. That's what got me really curious.

Thanks man! Mystery solved! I wish I can take that out tho... The damn thing is bothering me because I can't get to open up my air filter chamber properly... :-(

·
12,807 Posts

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Harlem2k:
Thanks man! Mystery solved! I wish I can take that out tho... The damn thing is bothering me because I can't get to open up my air filter chamber properly... :-(
</font>
And why can't you take it out? Just rip the sucker out...it's for sure not a permanent thing...just wires

------------------

·-÷• [email protected] •÷-·
'*·-÷• HA Chat ·-=-· Prelude FAQ •÷-·*'
'•A music video my woman appeared in•'

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OvaDaLimiT:

And why can't you take it out? Just rip the sucker out...it's for sure not a permanent thing...just wires

</font>
The tube thing is screwed onto the car.. and There's really little space for me to use a screwdriver rip out the screw.. and my short philip head screwdriver has gone missing on me.. so... I have to find it first before I can do any thing.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hehe.. yeah..
Acutally, Here's a Questiong for you all.
Would you trade in your Base SS for a SH?
same year, same colour, almost the same mileage?

[This message has been edited by Harlem2k (edited April 03, 2001).]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts