Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Greddy basic turbo timer, and I have to get the wiring install instructions to King ASAP, so if anyone knows how to do this, or where each wire goes, or a site that could show it, it would REALLY help me out BIG TIME. Also, on my Turbo timer, on the back, there is 2 outlet holes- one(on the left side of the unit if you are looking at it head on), has a bunch of wires coming out of it. The other hole to the right of it, has nothing coming out of it. You can actually look at the inside of the Timer through this hole- is it suppossed to have something there, or do they all come like that?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Okay. Above your fuse box in the driver side foot well, there's a three wire connector. Pictured here:

http://www.higginstribe.com/gallery/turbo_timer/index.php?image=DSC00039.JPG

The turbo timer has a three wire connector that you can see at the top right with the three blue wires coming out of it. The green and blue wires from the harness attach to the two end wires on the connector. You can't see it in the picture, but one is going into the back of the WHT/BLK wire and one goes behind the far wire (I don't remember the colour).

The red wire from the harness goes to Battery positive. I routed it to the actual ignition positive wire, pictured here:

http://www.higginstribe.com/gallery/turbo_timer/index.php?image=DSC00038.JPG

You can see the blue wire going in behind the thick White wire which is battery positive. You can use any battery positive source, like the accessory source above the fuse box.

The only other wire should be tap into the parking brake switch. The daylight running lights controller had an easy wire to tap into. You're going to have to look for a parking brake switch wire to tap into yourself.

I was running out of light when I took the pictures, sorry they're so dark.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Mark,

Your green or blue (I don't remember which one either) goes to the white/black (IGN, I think, but maybe that's the yellow/black, and white/black is starter. don't recall either), then the red goes to power. Now whichever wasn't going to the white/black goes to the parking brake right? Or another input that you want to cut power if it recieves the signal.

That was all just for my own clarification, my question is, what does the turbo timer do? recieves the signal that the key is turned off, but keeps power going to the black/white wire until the time expires?

-Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts