Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where i can get a decent phone thats compatible with Cingular and accepts SIM cards?

Only thing i want it to have is mp3 ringtones, bc i enjoy making my own :)

Other than that, all it needs to do is have service most of the time... my POS V551 doesnt receive service in my house, my gf's house, driving around here... only place i can get service is at work.

thanks

Zakk

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
any unlocked phone will be a lot more expensive than a locked phone. and its not like they're ebay branded phones.

if you're looking at cingular phones that play mp3's as ringtones... there are quite a few of them.

·
American
90 Posts
I have a Nokia 6230 I'm looking to get rid of. I can unlock it before I send it to you, and its compatible with Cingular now.

It has MP3 ringtones (and a 32MB SD card to store your MP3s), and Bluetooth.

I had the phone replaced recently because the my old model was defective. So the phone is really only about a month old, but has the original case. (Warranty repair they only send you the barebones phone, you have to do the case part yourself.)

I'll sell it for $100.

Reason for sale: I just bought an SE W800i.

Oh, and I upgraded from the V551 because that phone didn't get service ANYWHERE.

·
American
90 Posts
Oh yea, I constantly surprise people in where I get service. We live next to a lake and no one gets service going over the bridge, but I can hold a conversation as I go over it. My parents were so impressed of the coverage I got, they upgraded to Nokia phones too.

Honestly, in my experience Nokia Service > Motorola Service. (of course, when you're talking on the same network)

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
I have to agree with the Nokia 6230. It has great reception.

--Sam

·
¡¡¡ǝɹǝɥ sɐʍ sdnʇuǝɯǝɔ
5,889 Posts
Ebay would be your best bet. just buy from someone with positive feedback and a credible amount of sales.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts