Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've take most everyones advice and I am getting rid of the MaxSpeed coilovers that i got for 50 bucks and I'm gonna get springs instead soooo heres what I am looking for:
1.5 - 2.5 inch drop
stiff yet comfortable ride (like the 350 Z's)
noticable improvement in cornering
and a price tag between $200 and $400

does anyone own springs that fit this description? How do you like them?

While im at it...how about strut bars? Which company makes the most solid functional one for a decent price (say under 350)

By the way I am getting so sick of my body roll after driving my dad's Z :laugh:

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
For what you described I would reccoment a spring that drops about 1.5" to 1.8". I had H&R sports that dropped in this range that I liked. There are other springs with about the same drop. Neuspeeds and RS*R's are also nice. None of this should cost more than 200 new. I got my H&R's for 150. As far as a STB, neuspeed makes a nice one that is cheap. Around 80 or so for the front. As far as rear ones go there are the Spoon ones that run over 100 or ebay cheap ones for like 20-30. I wouldn't spend too much money on a rear bar, it does not get near the amount of stress as a front one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got myself Neeuspeed springs this friday, lowered 1.75 in the front and 1.5 in the rear, here in Canada it came up to $340.00, that would be 250$ US. Nice drop, cant stick 2 fingers in front between tire and fender, and the ride is still soft, but on bigger bumps I slow down, but verry pleased with them. Was looking at Eibach but they were $400CAD, too much and they are harder springs.

I got the street ones not racing ones, racing stiffer, and here in Montreal the roads are terrible...

·
Registered
927 Posts
Prelude Type ShizL said:
im looking for more of a racing spring...the roads here arent too bad and i dont mind a rough ride
its gonna be pretty tough to find a high rate spring that doesnt drop you car very much... one question though what shocks are they going with??

·
.:..::Totes Magotes::..:.
2,174 Posts
Ive looked into springs many times and I always come to the conclusion to go with H&R Sports.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I say Eibach Pro Kit for the mild drop and the Sportlines for a racey drop. $150-75. How much life is left in your struts? Might consider some KYB AGX's to help with body roll. My car has body roll when I set my AGX's to setting soft, but it is gone when I harden them up. (Ground control, just under 2 finger gap)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts