Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm posting this in the 5thgen forum since most of you guys do the h3c->h3 conversions. And the recamendations I found came from this forum.

Anyway I installed my Narva Golds last night and I noticed that 1 bulb sieams to be brighter then the other? I'll post pics tonight but when I aligned my fogs against a white garage door I confirmed 1 is dimmer then the other.

Has anyone had this problem?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Machine Head said:
I'm posting this in the 5thgen forum since most of you guys do the h3c->h3 conversions. And the recamendations I found came from this forum.

Anyway I installed my Narva Golds last night and I noticed that 1 bulb sieams to be brighter then the other? I'll post pics tonight but when I aligned my fogs against a white garage door I confirmed 1 is dimmer then the other.

Has anyone had this problem?
Yes, I had the exact same problem with mine too. One seemed to be more yellow then the other. My fogs are properly aligned also.

My narvas have since burned out, and I am now using the catz galaxy white.:)

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
keep in mind with bulbs, if you don't get bulbs from the same batch, they will look slightly different. It's more noticeble with amber'd light, and it's very obvious with HID light.

·
Retired, sorta
4,968 Posts
honestly i was not impressed with the appearance of the narva golds when i first got them, however when they lit up the road the way they did i was like [keanu reeves]whoa[/keanu reeves].. esp for the ****ty jdm fog beam...

if only they appeared as yellow as the lexus ones

·
Registered
29 Posts
why do the IS 300's yellow light are so much more yellow? special bulbs? maybe with the some help of some kinda filter lens? or its a projector?

·
Registered
213 Posts
nudeludesh said:
damn...I never installed mine....how are those galaxy whites?
I love the galaxy white. They are a good quality bulb, with a very nice color output. However Yellow/Golden colored bulbs look awesome with my HID. It gives a nice contrast.:) Once my Galaxy Whites burn out, I'm going to try the Piaa Ion Yellows.

Here are some pics of my Narva golds. I'm using Phillips Ultinon 6000k HID for my headlights incase you wonder.:)

Here are some pics of the Galaxy whites.

·
Bunk Spec.
1,062 Posts
Try switching the bulbs around (becareful tho, you don't want to break those pricy bulbs). Then you can tell whether it's the bulb or just the optics.

I have this similar situation with my VisionPlus, where it seems the driver side cuts off earlier compared to my stock bulbs. I switch the bulbs around and it still happens.

·
Dave
1,468 Posts
ang1468 said:
why do the IS 300's yellow light are so much more yellow? special bulbs? maybe with the some help of some kinda filter lens? or its a projector?
The IS 300 uses a "bulb condom" very much like this one of mine below. I got mine from the middle fog light of an JDM ITR headlight. Which just so happens to use H3C bulbs. So these little babies fit right over the stock H3C bulbs and with a little modification slide into the JDM fog housing. I don't have the balls to make the hole on JDM's widder...I just got PIAA ION's but I still have these things and will sell them for the right price.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I guess it wont fit my usdm fogs, but I'm in the market for some decent bulbs, do piaa carry warranty for these ion crystall yellow?
I heard from few pplz that said never get anything thats like 55w=85w or 100w crap even its made by piaa. true or false?

·
Premium Member
7,134 Posts
98VTEC said:
The IS 300 uses a "bulb condom" very much like this one of mine below. I got mine from the middle fog light of an JDM ITR headlight. Which just so happens to use H3C bulbs. So these little babies fit right over the stock H3C bulbs and with a little modification slide into the JDM fog housing. I don't have the balls to make the hole on JDM's widder...I just got PIAA ION's but I still have these things and will sell them for the right price.
Wow. By modification, are we talking a bit of dremel work?

·
Dave
1,468 Posts
Yeah a dremel would work just fine...you just need to trim the opening a bit thats all. Just about 1 or 2cm so that the bigger bulb cover can slide in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts