Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've decided to go with either Apexi DUNK 115 or N-1 full catback for my 94 VTEC, which is better? I notice the N1 is for top end so i'll probably lose some low to mid and the DUNK is for mid to high, wouldn't I want dunk since the h22 isn't a slouch below 5000 anyway, somethin I wouldn't want to lose? Please give me suggestions

------------------

On the prowl for some booty and blowin VTEC dust in the direction of the busters

·
Registered
327 Posts
Here's what I think. I've heard tons of exhausts on preludes thanks to our prelude club. I would definately go with the Apexi Dunk exhaust. It's one of the nicest sounding ones I've heard. The N1 sounds well, pretty nasty. When you step on it, the N1 just rattles and doesn't sound too apealing. I wouldn't be too concered about the power either because you're not going to gain a significant amount from either.

Daniel

grnlude97

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How about Thermal R&D? Found one at a nice price, here's the thing though, I have a SI car with a h22a1 engine and the header,downpipe and cat from the h22a1 connected to my original SI catback stock exhaust, The Thermal R&D is taken off of an SI, I know it would bolt up since my existing catback is SI but they also make a VTEC edition of the exhaust which carries a different part number, what's the difference? Is it just a proper fit issue or is the muffler/piping different from VTEC to SI catback wise? Sorry i'm just a little confused

·
Registered
149 Posts
my N1 dosn't rattle, and it sounds great.

since the N1 is such a straight-through design, I figured that when the silencer is on, you gain more mid-range but gain less in the high-end. When you remove the silencer, that's why you might lose abit of mid-range. So you get the best of both worlds depending on how you are driving at that time. I usually leave my silencer on for normal driving, and even with the silencer on, i really feel the push when VTEC kicks in. if i am racing, then I will remove my silencer since you will be spending most of your time in the upper RPM ranges.

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Yeah my N1 doesnt rattle at all either, if any exhaust rattles then its installed wrong. If you never take your car to any tracks then I recommend the dunk.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ordered an Apexi DUNK catback today, should arrive Friday, did I make the right choice?

------------------

On the prowl for some booty and blowin VTEC dust in the direction of the busters

·
Registered
11,003 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by overdose:
I ordered an Apexi DUNK catback today, should arrive Friday, did I make the right choice?

</font>
i have it, and i love it! except for the HUGE coffee can tip... grrrrr

1 - 8 of 8 Posts