Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I was cleaning the EGR valve, and noticed this vacum pipe that is between the Fuel Pressure regulator and the IAB Control Diaphragm. It leads to no where and goes into the back of the intake manifold, anyone care to look at there car to see where it should lead to or know what the heck it is.

thanx!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Mojo,

It looks like that vacuum line could go to either the EGR control solenoid or to the IAB check valve or solenoid. The IAB check valve is located behind the intake manifold and runs down to the IAB control solenoid valve. Here there are four vacuum connections. Hope this info helps man.

·
bustR built
195 Posts
where you have the ???? is the the secondary butterfly controller ... its okay to have that unplugged it keeps the runners open inside the manifold. but if you hook it back up it will again regulate those butterflies. what happens is at about 4800 rpm those butterflies will open to let more air in. if the vaccum line is hooked up to it you should have more low end torque and if it is not hooked up you supposedly get more air in there equalling a little more high end hp. i noticed a difference when i unplugged mine ...w/ turbo it lets a lot more air in there ...so my gain was significant. when you are just na that torque is helpful so i would just hook it back up.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
VPNOH said:
Hi Mojo,

It looks like that vacuum line could go to either the EGR control solenoid or to the IAB check valve or solenoid. The IAB check valve is located behind the intake manifold and runs down to the IAB control solenoid valve. Here there are four vacuum connections. Hope this info helps man.
its not for the EGR solenoid thats for sure as I checked.

it definitly goes towards the IAB solenoid Valve but WHY would it be near the IAB control diaphram?

The vacuum line for the "IAB Control Diaphram" and this unknown vacum line go under the intake manifold where I can't see where exactly.

Now according to the Helm, the vacuum lines are numbered. This says on it "TB 0559"

I'm at loss. :(

·
Registered
148 Posts

Which vacuum line is the one from your intake manifold? I only see one that goes off the back side of it, and that goes to #8, which is a vacuum tank...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts