Honda Prelude Online banner

My timeslip

3K views 59 replies 27 participants last post by  gabedude 
You need to get dyno tested

Those are scary numbers.

------------------
Quoth atlxchink:

When I try to picture o0OO0o as a moderator, the image of Beavis hacking away at the keyboard comes to mind

Somebody lock this thread.

The only people talking are either those only capable of pointing out the obvious (that 260hp Mustang GT is really faster than my 'lude? Are you sure? The VTEC sticker gives me quite a bit...) or being oversensitive about crap.

------------------
Quoth atlxchink:

When I try to picture o0OO0o as a moderator, the image of Beavis hacking away at the keyboard comes to mind

ommoran, your mistake was treating people here like riceboys.

You think none of us know that a Mustang GT is faster than a 'lude? Or a Z28? Please, treat us with a bit of dignity.

You might not think that you're here to just point out the obvious, but that's all you really did.

------------------
Quoth atlxchink:

sigh...

you still don't get it. You might not have intended to just point out the obvious, but that's all you did.

I got my Prelude because:

a). It's fun. It's not as fast as a Mustang or Mitsu Eclipse, but it's a lot more fun. I love VTEC, I love the challenge of hanging in the twisties with a FWD and keeping it on the big cam.

b). It's refined. Compare it to any Integra, Civic, Eclipse or domestic sports coupe, and it's a truly distinctive and refined car.

c). It's fast... for a naturally aspirated, small-engine import. I don't compare my 'lude to Mustangs or Camaros, because I know they're out of my league. When I say my car is fast, I mean compared to that Civic SiR, Integra GS-R or Celica GT-S. If I ran a 14.6 at the track, I'd be happy as hell too. I know the domestic guys would laugh, but then again modded Supra TT owners laugh at them, and in turn, modded domestic big block owners laugh at the TT owners... and then you have the professional draggers.

d). It's practical for what I need.

Happy?

BTW, what's wrong with dragging in a Prelude? Sure we're not as fast as the turbos and small blocks, but it's still fun going to the drag strip. It's still fun seeing how your driving has gotten better, or how your mods have affected performance.

Chill out.

------------------
Quoth atlxchink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.