Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Da Monkii
3,076 Posts
how the helll does he made it u make it up to 14.6. I really **** up my time, my MPH is the same as your aroung 93 mph and i got 15.3. can someone clear this up for me plz. I got CAI/E and V-AFC should i be making like mid 14. Someone plz help

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Wow!
Seeing times on a Prelude with a good driver like this is making me less and less embarrassed about its acceleration abilities! I'm still more used to comparing cars' 0-60 times, that would be about a low 6 sec. 0-60 right?

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That day I ran a couple 15.0's, a 14.9, a 14.6 and a 15.1. I also got a 15.5 that day which was strange because that was the only run that I warmed up my tires. So my suggestion is to not burn out.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vabeach_lude:
That day I ran a couple 15.0's, a 14.9, a 14.6 and a 15.1. I also got a 15.5 that day which was strange because that was the only run that I warmed up my tires. So my suggestion is to not burn out.
</font>
hehe

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
You need to get dyno tested

Those are scary numbers.

------------------
Quoth atlxchink:

When I try to picture o0OO0o as a moderator, the image of Beavis hacking away at the keyboard comes to mind

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hey all,

Sorry, but 14.5 sec 1/4 times aren't really all THAT fast. I mean in the grand scheme of things, they aren't that fast.

For what you spent, you could have got a stock pony car that rolls to a 1/4 faster than that, no? Then do i/h/e on THAT, and it would get even better. A Camaro SS at under $21k does the 1/4 in [email protected], and 0-60 @ 5.5.

I'm not really trying to start anything here, although as I write this I know I will... but if you REALLY care about going fast, the Big 3 formula of "Add More Cubic Inches" really does work.

If you want to compare your cars to GTIs, Integras, Eclipses, and Civics, then fine. But if at the end of the day you truly wanted to go fast, why a Honda?

And don't say "handling". You aren't handling doing a standing 1/4, and Camaros and Mustangs CAN handle (skidpad and slalom) nearly as well or better than a Prelude & co.

Just my $0.02.

------------------
Martin Moran
Stock 2000 Prelude SH
Sebring Silver Metallic
"When you're caffineated, all is right with the world..."

·
Registered
233 Posts
i posted my times up Friday night on this forum about my [email protected] on my 99SS with 18's on the rear, stocks on the front (regular tire pressure), and AEM CAI/Tanabe DTM. I think low 16's are the best SS's can do. Even if I ran with stock wheels, dropped the psi in my tires, and gutted my trunk, I don't think I could shave a half a second off my time. i've faced reality and i'm gonna enjoy my SS as a SHOW car.

·
Registered
162 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by H22A VTEC:
i posted my times up Friday night on this forum about my [email protected] on my 99SS with 18's on the rear, stocks on the front (regular tire pressure), and AEM CAI/Tanabe DTM. I think low 16's are the best SS's can do. Even if I ran with stock wheels, dropped the psi in my tires, and gutted my trunk, I don't think I could shave a half a second off my time. i've faced reality and i'm gonna enjoy my SS as a SHOW car.</font>
SS w/ V6 or V8? I've never driven one, but published info (R&T) on the SS is as I said before. I know lots of people don't like magazine quoted times because of atmos. conditions, etc., but I was only making a point.

And yes, the small V6 pony car engines a Prelude could probably meet and beat in a 1/4, even though the I4 has lower torque. But if you want to go fast, and are ready to put out the money on a Prelude anyway... save some $$$ and get the V8 pony car.

That's all I'm saying.

------------------
Martin Moran
Stock 2000 Prelude SH
Sebring Silver Metallic
"When you're caffineated, all is right with the world..."

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
ommoran: Hes talkin about SS (SportShift)prelude. In the grand scheme of things mid 14s arent fast,but for a Lude it is. Chevy and ford go fast, but they arent as good quality as a honda. Id go Supra before i went either, and you can be just as fast or faster.

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ommoran - this really bugs me.

First of all, no one said it was fast. For a Prelude with a couple bolt ons, thats pretty good. Also, I race against domestics all the time at the track and trust me, these guys drive them way slower than what the magazines state. I see Mustang GT's run in the 15's all day at the track. Sure some of them run in the 14's too.

What you are saying is totally irrelevant to this thread. I think you are starting **** and raining on my parade. Your telling us all sh.it that we have known for years. Take a look at my car, does it even look like a drag racer? hell no. What I do with my car is show it, drive it daily, run on closed road courses and drag race it. I have done it all except autocrossing.
I am called an ENTHUSIAST. Don't go bringing **** up that you read in magazines because its a different story every where you go.

Every domestic I ever see at the track running 13's or lower is going home on a trailer. Meanwhile my friends running 13's, 12's, and yes 11's are just switching their tires back to stock and driving them home. Imports aren't always as fast but gawt damn they are way more versatile.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ommoran:
Hey all,

Sorry, but 14.5 sec 1/4 times aren't really all THAT fast. I mean in the grand scheme of things, they aren't that fast.

For what you spent, you could have got a stock pony car that rolls to a 1/4 faster than that, no? Then do i/h/e on THAT, and it would get even better. A Camaro SS at under $21k does the 1/4 in [email protected], and 0-60 @ 5.5.

I'm not really trying to start anything here, although as I write this I know I will... but if you REALLY care about going fast, the Big 3 formula of "Add More Cubic Inches" really does work.

If you want to compare your cars to GTIs, Integras, Eclipses, and Civics, then fine. But if at the end of the day you truly wanted to go fast, why a Honda?

And don't say "handling". You aren't handling doing a standing 1/4, and Camaros and Mustangs CAN handle (skidpad and slalom) nearly as well or better than a Prelude & co.

Just my $0.02.

</font>
as a former lt1 camaro owner i can safely say that the camaro does NOT outhandle the prelude. Also, the camaro SS is not under $21k, try 28k+ markups depending where you live (bay area you can expect to pay 30k)

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.