Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was looking at my tires today, the inner side of my front driver's side has wires coming out. I know it's a bad thing, but what could have caused this?

My guess is alignment and balancing? Any other problems might have caused this?
It's a 97 base, all stock :( 65000 miles. (And yes, those RE92s lasted me that long)

And my new tires.... ordered at Costco... are....

RE730s (too cheap to go with S-03)

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
all stock and wires comming out on the inside huh? i would say alignment. but damn, i can't believe those tires lasted that long.

·
Putt Putt...Vroom Vroom!
2,821 Posts
wow, those tires sure lasted long :eek:

what was your price? i was quoted 147.99 for the s03's and 115 for the re730's. tho i'm tempted to take the tire rack price of 149 for the pilot sports and price matching at american tire co. (tho i think the mileage i'd get out of those would be :barf: ) I'm still debating on whether to go s03 or re730

·
Registered
436 Posts
i thought our cars had a negative camber stock? so it should be that the tires wear out just a little quicker on the inside. anyone know?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I got my RE730's shipped from tire rack for 108 a piece plus 30 dollars of shipping.... whatever that comes about to be. I like them alot so far. You should get your car aligned after you mount your new tires.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
RE730's for me for now. I have no idea how you got your RE92's to last that long as mine were toast in about 18000-even wear across the tread btw. As to your tire wear-hello alignment rack and readjust the Toe-in to spec. There is no reason for that amount of wear. AND for everyone's benefit-5th gen's come with less than 0.5degrees of Negative Camber from the factory (so I'm told).

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DudewithaLude said:
wow, those tires sure lasted long :eek:

what was your price? i was quoted 147.99 for the s03's and 115 for the re730's. tho i'm tempted to take the tire rack price of 149 for the pilot sports and price matching at american tire co. (tho i think the mileage i'd get out of those would be :barf: ) I'm still debating on whether to go s03 or re730
Yeah. I haven't done much crazy driving until like when I joined PO.com and after I went to my first SoCal meet. One in industry last August. So the tires were kept in great condition with proper rotation and stuff. (I think that was when I had like 60k. After that, things changed :laugh:

And yeah, I have the same price from costco. With tax and their mounting, protection plan, blah blah blah, I think it was like $500 with some change, of course, that's RE730s. Then I need a $36 bucks deposit (the mounting fee) and wait 8-10 days to get it delivered from Ontario.

Therefore, no crazy driving for me for the next week or so :(

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jc836 said:
RE730's for me for now. I have no idea how you got your RE92's to last that long as mine were toast in about 18000-even wear across the tread btw. As to your tire wear-hello alignment rack and readjust the Toe-in to spec. There is no reason for that amount of wear. AND for everyone's benefit-5th gen's come with less than 0.5degrees of Negative Camber from the factory (so I'm told).
Alright. So alignment is a must.

Then where should I go for alignment?
1) Goodyear place where they offer lifetime for like ~$200?
2) Goodyear place where they offer 1 time alignment for $50?
3) The evil dealer?

Any good shops you guys go with? BTW, I'm in SoCal (Live in Orange County, school in Riverside County, fun in LA county)

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
i was told that you don't goto a tire place to get an alignment. since its a mechanical job, not sometime related to tires?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
umm I say order 2 tires from tire rack and 2 tires from NTB with the warranty....you'll be able to get 4 more new tires for free if you know what i mean;)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Ill tell you stock tires suck ass and are very dangerous especially after a little time. They didnt have near enough traction for even mildly aggressive driving.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts