Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone else have this problem i have been buying these HYPER is the brand lights and they keep burning out.(even the stock from the dealer lights went out after a month) i also tried another aftermarket brand and i think maybe its time to try out some piaas so i heard that they come with a 3 month warranty. if anyone knows anything or has some good suggestions on what they are using please let me know.

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Hm..the stock bulbs usually are the ones that last the longest...how weird..maybe you have some wires touching??

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Registered
697 Posts
I had this problem before, i was using those 30bucks/pair bulbs, crap quality, i had to change one of the bulbs every 2 weeks. finally I ended up with stock bulbs, it has been more than like half year now, still good. one thing weird is that every time after i wash my car, mostly one of the bulbs will burn out. but i dont know why the stock bulbs have no problems.

------------------
-- No Tune, No Life --
Michael Li
-- 1997 Prelude 5spd--

·
Registered
725 Posts
Seems like most people who have problems with the aftermarket bulbs usually end up back at stock. Some people buy some and they last a year, others buy the same ones and they last 2 weeks, looks like your mileage will vary.

Only way I can see your stock bulbs burning out that early is if the person putting them on got some dirt or oil from their fingers on the bulb. Otherwise, they shouldn't burn out the first 3 yrs or so. That would be stupid if Hondas came with stock bulbs that you had to replace every year.

------------------
'00 Prelude
Black 5spd

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Accord1240:
does anyone else have this problem i have been buying these HYPER is the brand lights and they keep burning out.(even the stock from the dealer lights went out after a month) i also tried another aftermarket brand and i think maybe its time to try out some piaas so i heard that they come with a 3 month warranty. if anyone knows anything or has some good suggestions on what they are using please let me know.</font>

it's not just hiper, it's all aftermarket ones in general, even piaa's, that have problems on 5th gens. the bulbs aren't neccessarily crap, there's just something about them that doesn't flow with 5th gen headlights.
i have hipers on my 4th gen, those are 9006 and 9005 so they have a fiberglass housing, not the metal, and i've had them for almost a year and they still look new.

aftermarket bulbs and 5th gens dont go together. and let me guess, was it your right one that was burning out?

·
Registered
997 Posts
I just put in Koito's...knock on wood.

------------------
2000 Type SH
Wanted: Type S Intake Chamber

FOR SALE: Pirelli Ice Assymetrical Snow Tires Mounted/Balanced on 5th Gen. Base Rims.
Used for 2k miles. $600+shipping.
New JDM H3C bulbs $50

1 - 7 of 7 Posts