Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my family went out to dinner last night my brother and i took my car (2001 lude e/i/p 5 speed) and my parents took my moms car (2003 G35 coupe 280 hp) we were on the way home and i pulled up to a light with my dad and my mom rolls the window down and says do you want to race. so at that moment it was on. i reved the lude up to about 3 grand the light turned green and we hit it. the race was over by the time i hit 2nd gear my dad put about 6 - 10 cars on me by the time i hit 3rd. it was fun but not when your parents just smoked you...

Al
2001 lude

p.s. my parents are going away next week and i'm going to take the G35 to the track to see what that **** runs. i will keep you posted

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
ha. nice...but u should really launch the prelude higher, u are bogging the engine if u launch so low. nice race though. Maybe you can get that loss from 6-`0 car lengths to 3-6 car lengths. :)

·
Offtrack excursion expert
6,762 Posts
I wouldn't want to race my parents... they have a '99 Firebird with an '02 engine, '01 Mustang GT, and my dad's baby is an '03 Z06.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
silverbullit2K1 said:
I wouldn't want to race my parents... they have a '99 Firebird with an '02 engine, '01 Mustang GT, and my dad's baby is an '03 Z06.
So your family is basically domestic power to the bone, and you got a Prelude?!?!? SWeet!:laugh:

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
i'm sorry, but that is sooo damn funny.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my dad has no skill in driving the G35 he just hits the gas in drive, he has no clue how too use the tiptronic. when i drive that **** you better watch out b/c that car hauls a$$.

Al
2001 Lude

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
oh damn boy, 6 carlengths to 3rd gear in an automatic g35. keep practicing, go to the faq section on how to launch and where to shift. Make sure you take it past redline to about 8000 on the tach.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Your parents are pretty cool. especially when your mom rolls down the window and ask you to race, lol.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Right, the autos shouldn't be that fast. They are slower than 350Zs and I can almost stay with them from a roll.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
silverbullit2K1 said:
I'll race your old man in 2 months:laugh:

·
Registered
414 Posts
I wontrace my dad, he got a 70 elcamino, that me and him have put together since I was about 7, lol I know what that **** runs, now wait tll I get SC I'll play then, not hat I'll win since he pulled a high 10 at the track lasttime we were there lol

1 - 20 of 31 Posts