Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
JOE D.
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys (and uh girl preluders). I'm new to the preludeonline family. I have a 2001 Silver Prelude and when I went to get my WW RS kit painted at the body shop, they told me it would cost $1200 to paint the kit and install it. "My jaw dropped" :eek: . He was telling me about flexing primer/paint/hardener will be very expensive. I don't know, it might be bull ish but when I looked in his shop, he had Escalades, bimmers, and a couple imports getting worked on. Maybe he's just hardcore.... whats a good price on a 4pc. lip kit getting painted and installed? Also, while I'm on the aero topic, where can I get a mugen replica spoiler at a good price? I just love how it looks ;) . I can't wait to get to know some more members of preludeonline... SO EXCITED ABOUT THE FORUM!!!! :bigthumb:

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
1200 is definately too much. I saw 4-500 is good.

--Sam

·
Drives a used Dodge
7,733 Posts
wave this in the shops face, for being stupid :bsflag:

Shops that charge that much are :nono:, painting may be like 300-500 install? I got my OEM kit in teh color I wanted and installed it myself 800 total, didnt look anywhere near 1200 to paint :rolleyes: Try some more shops, that is just ridiculous

·
Baller....
565 Posts
That's robbery, i am gettin my front bumper and greddy lip, sideskirts and rear bumper with mugen replica painted for $900 pearl white, and this is by a really reputable guy..go somewhere else man,

·
Registered
186 Posts
It's much more expensive in Cali. I went all over trying to find reasonable prices. i ended up doing most of the work myself, prep and install, and the cheapest shop i found for paint was about $1200. Most shops were not willing to do it because of the difficulty in correctly painting urethane. My kit was a little more involved because of the A2 front bumper and i had a spoiler done too. Spoiler is off now, and bumper is going to be off next if anyone is interested.

·
Thinking about going 9PSI
824 Posts
oh here in reno i went to this body shop and they wanted 3gs to paint my rs kit, rear and front bumpers and trunk.... i was all like WTF !?!?!

·
Wow! Look at that
427 Posts
Damn that is crazy. I am getting my front bumper, Greddy lip (not installed) and whole ¼ panel painted for $400 or so.

·
IM CURED!
1,165 Posts
i got my kit installed and painted by wings west(because its thier kit and they know how to paint and install it) and i paid just over $1000, thoes guys are pros over there.

·
Registered
101 Posts
damn. up in canada it cost less than $100 to paint a front lip by a reputable shop. if the guys having a good day he'll charge $80cdn.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I had my aggressor 2 kit painted for 500 with the flex agent and all that other prep stuff. I installed it myself. My friend got an RS kit painted for 350

·
Registered
548 Posts
hey jcd, welcome to po.

yeah 1200 is insane. hey i know a guy who will paint it for a steal, great quality work and uses top of the line paint. send me a pm if yer interested... i can give you details but they are in the no. va area.

·
Registered
385 Posts
My brother had his 4 dr. accord -duckhead green- (93) repainted Electron Blue and sanded primered reshot with BW back and Skirts, R33 Front for 1.3k.

His GF went out and skuffed the front on a curb and they fixed it for free...

It all really depends on where you go, and how you approach the servicemen.

But good luck :D

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
hardener for the paint or hardener for the kit?

you don't need a hardener gel on urethane kits... that's why you bought a urethane kit, cause they need some flexibility.

go pop his face, cause he's taking advantage of you.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts