Honda Prelude Online banner

My high beam isn't working

5K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  drenjom 
#1 ·
Only my driver side high beam isn't working; passenger side is fine.
Anybody know whats wrong? did i blow a fuse or something?
thanks in advance

Wally

#7 ·
check your fuse, and check your harness for any broken wire...Also, did you put hte bulb from the passangerside to the driverside? Did you make sure you plugged up the right harness for the high and low beam?

#8 ·
Check for corrosion. Use a volt metre to see if you have voltage. If you are driving a Canadian model, your DTRL (Day Time Running Lights) light on your dash should be on. If you have voltage, it's the bulb.

I had the same problem and my DTRL Module had a short in it. There is a 4"x4" black module in the dash to the right of the steering column, to the left of the centre console (if I am not mistaking) or it COULD be to the right of the centre console above where the passengers left foot would be. Pretty sure it is on the drivers side. You can reach it without taking the dash apart, but it will take some serious yoga. The panel of the dash comes off really easily though. Tap the module with your knuckle and see if your light flickers or comes on. If it does, then it is an easy fix. Just pull it apart and try to find the fault. If it is your problem, I (or someone) will help you narrow the problem down and fix it for free (if you have a soldering iron).

#9 ·
Hi, I'm having an interesting issue like this as well. The DRL on the passengers side isn't working. I've tied with a fresh bulb, and it doesn't work. My high beam on the same side isn't working and again, i've tried a new bulb. the harness is dirty, so I've given it a good cleaning, but don't see anything odd there. I am going to try using a volt meter on it to see if there is any juice, but I think i know that's just wasting my time since none of the new bulbs are working anyway.

Like to know how to work on the wiring or relays that control the DRL and the high beam on the passengers side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.