Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man.. this pisses me off, somebody last night stole my "H" emblem off my trunk. Some people are just so irresponsible and irrespectful. At least they didn't scratch my paint. Anybody know how much it is to replace it? Thanks

·
Registered
983 Posts
Hey meythod, is your car the silver one that's parked at muir parking lot? I saw one there that just got new blue symbols, and in a week they were gone! Some ppl...

------------------

99' Pearl White Prelude
CF Hood
Mugen replica body kit (Front bumper getting repaired)
SFII front bumper
Neuspeed sport springs
Injen Intake, Racing medallion Exhaust
Apex'i V-AFC
Sony CDX-M650 head unit
18"X7.5" Gunmetal TE37's
SFII front, mugen rep. sideskirts, and RM exhaust for sale: http://honda-acura.net/forum/Forum22/HTML/008236.html

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
first of all, there is no such word as "irrespectful" hehe.

secondly, what do these morons do with the emblems after they steal it? i cannot see it being a "cool" thing to do on a friday night out with the boys.

i've seen morons wearing these emblems on a chain necklace before... but is this their main objective??? idiots. waste of oxygen, waste of life.

my only guess is, they have some sort of retarded street value. perhaps some good money for a bmw or benz emblem.... but a HONDA emblem? i mean how much can this be worth?? at MOST $40? else, i'd just get a brand new one at a shop for cheaper.. makes no logical sense to me.

my only conclusion is that there are just some MORONS on earth that should be punished by law for just being a waste of earth's resources. hehe.

anyway. i'm just venting.

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Welcome to the club..I've had my emblems stolen too...contemplating shaving..

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Registered
28 Posts
>it being a "cool" thing to do on a friday
>night out with the boys.

I bet they think it's cool. Pretty sad to have nothing else better to do!

>i've seen morons wearing these emblems on a
>chain necklace before... but is this their
>main objective??? idiots.

Sounds like this is meant to show how tough they are, proof that they committed a crime. (I guess I should be relieved that they're not committing murder..)

Years ago, I recall that some kids would steal hood ornaments offa luxury cars (back in the day when they used to really stick out, not flush with the paintjob like today).

And many of these kids eventually grow up.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sup jiggly
no, i don't park in the Muir lot. I live off campus, but I know which car you're talking about, I see it there all the time. Next time you see me, say whussup alright?

Anybody know how much the "H" emblems cost to replace?

·
Registered
94 Posts
yea me to just got it taken too. dam it thinking about shaving it off.

[This message has been edited by gulid27 (edited May 05, 2001).]

·
Registered
154 Posts
Shave em. Not that hard. If you want to do it yourself, it's easy. But you would end up having to us bondo. I had sheet metal welded on and then sanded down. It's literally flawless.

IMHO, Preludes with OEM kits or any kit looks so sweet when the emblems are shaved. (I had blue emblems 2 years ago.) Someone jacked them at school a while back and screwed up the paint pretty bad. Insurance fixed it and paid for shaving the emblems too.

-Rich

·
Registered
409 Posts
Ive thought of this before. What you need to do is have metal emblems insulated away from the car, and run a current through the emblems. When you come back to your car and see some punk sprawled in front or behind your car, youll know what he was trying to pull

·
Registered
309 Posts
It's a nasty thing to do...but if they didn't steal out emblems what would we have to ***** about all day online?!?

meythodrider - I may have my old one from the back...I'll check for you.

------------------

·
Registered
722 Posts
Some kid that I saw last night had two H emblems on his keys, he doesn't even drive a Honda Either.

------------------
2001 Prelude
Vision R
Stock for now

1 - 17 of 17 Posts