Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All!

I just got my car dynoed today. My results were: max power = 177.0 @ 6900 rpm, and max torque = 150.0 @ 5250 rpm. I have i/h/e and a 30k mill. Are these numbers good for these mods? I seem to be hitting peak torque sooner and peak hp later than a stock VTEC. Please tell me what you guys think.

Thanks,
LLL

[This message has been edited by LudesLudesLudes (edited April 15, 2001).]

·
Premium Member
4,329 Posts
I'm assuming you have a 5th gen base 5-spd...so yeah, those are great numbers.

------------------
Prelude forum moderator
Prelude FAQ
AIM: jmcn97
'97 Prelude Type-SH

'96 Integra GS-R (R.I.P.)
jmcn.com

·
Registered
416 Posts
If I remember correctly, Ludesx3 has a 4th gen with a jdm H22A1.

I think if just had the i/h/e, you'd have impressive hp numbers, but with a mill job, I'd expect 5-8 more hp, considering usdm h22a1's baseline anywhere around 160-165hp stock.

considering an 18%(which is an estimate) loss thru drivetrain, you're producing around 215flywheel hp. JDM h22A1's make 200flywheel hp, stock, right? So you've gained approx 15hp thru these mods.

But as you've probably already seen on www.importreview.com, every engine makes diff #'s with similiar mods.

but your torque #'s are incredible..nice gains..you must be torching your tires.

are the jun cams coming soon?

------------------
kimchi cures cancer

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by johnsoncranium:
If I remember correctly, Ludesx3 has a 4th gen with a jdm H22A1.

I think if just had the i/h/e, you'd have impressive hp numbers, but with a mill job, I'd expect 5-8 more hp, considering usdm h22a1's baseline anywhere around 160-165hp stock.

considering an 18%(which is an estimate) loss thru drivetrain, you're producing around 215flywheel hp. JDM h22A1's make 200flywheel hp, stock, right? So you've gained approx 15hp thru these mods.

But as you've probably already seen on www.importreview.com, every engine makes diff #'s with similiar mods.

but your torque #'s are incredible..nice gains..you must be torching your tires.

are the jun cams coming soon?

</font>
Hey JC!

I'm pretty happy with what I put down. For some reason the torque numbers are really high - it almost feels like I'm driving my old h23 again!

As far as the JUN cams go - I've already paid for them and everything, but I can't get them until JUN USA actually sticks to an official release date. I suppose it's kind of like Microsoft and their vaporware. JUN is starting to annoy me because I really want my cams. I know they'll be worth it once I have them dropped in, but the waiting is killing me.

LLL

·
Registered
193 Posts
These numbers are for a JDM h22a? (with those mods) Just wondering cause I don't know what car you have.

------------------
93 Si 4WS

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Armadillo:
These numbers are for a JDM h22a? (with those mods) Just wondering cause I don't know what car you have.

</font>
Yes, those #'s are for a jdm H22a. Jeff at Atomic told me that a jdm H22a usually puts out high 150s - low 160s. USDMs put out low-mid 150s. I picked up somewhere around 17 whp or so from bolts ons and a 30k mill. That's more than most cars with bolt-ons and type-s cams, so I'm pretty happy. I figure I picked up 10whp from higher compression (10.6:1 stock + head milling), and 7whp from the bolt ons.

LLL

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's my post from another thread, so you guys can get a better idea of what my curve looks like.

I haven't had a chance to scan the dyno chart yet, but I'll do my best to describe it:

hp / tq at ~ 3750 rpm - 100 / 135
hp / tq at ~ 4800 rpm - 125 / 133
(above numbers were just before vtec hits)
hp / tq at ~ 5100 rpm - 144 / 148
(above numbers were just after vtec hits)
hp / tq at ~ 6000 rpm - 165.9 / 145.2
hp / tq at ~ 6900 rpm - 177 / 135
hp / tq at ~ 7400 rpm - 171 / 122

71dsp: Hows does that sound to you? Thanks everyone for your comments. 71dsp, I also noticed that I am making more power in almost every part of the rev range when compared to a lude with bolt ons and type-s cams. Is that because of the high compression? The numbers I compared my chart to were at the following link:

http://www.geocities.com/timn_1/type_S_Cams2.html

That guy also had pullies and a V-AFC.

LLL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts