Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, pics arent up yet but thought id share my results from the atomic meet today in the morning. "recall" from the teg forum here was there and recorded it and said he can post up the video here for me too... only time..

basically i got 1 run in and another spraying. heres my results:

1. Hp-154.7(@ 6.8 rpm) Tq-125.3
2.(spraying) Hp-195.8 (@ 6.9 rpm) Tq-160.8

remember i do have an SS... but still pretty damn low
pretty disappointed man. other guys there didnt do so well as expected either. what do u guys think of my figures?

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
PERFORMANCE MODS:
-AEM CAI (silver)-DC Sports CC 4-2-1 Headers
-Tanabe Racing Medalion -UR pulleys SS (3 piece)
-Apexi V-AFC -Autometer A/F gauge -Autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit *no more performance mods will be added*
NON-PERFORMANCE:
-Panasonic CQ-DF800U
screen name: CBFORMULA

[This message has been edited by Ng Luder (edited April 21, 2001).]

·
another SS->5spd!
1,373 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LVSBB6:
Here's a link to a dyno of a stock Sportshift:

http://www.ntpog.org/dyno/index.shtml

It made 147 hp and 126 lbs of tq.

Something must be wrong here...
</font>
thanks for the link. yea it just isnt right. with all my mods how can i get only 7 more hp and a LOWER torque level? sigh... man this is disappointing. maybe i happened to get an engine off the lot that was one of the bad ones produced. i was really hoping for 160.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I think your numbers are pretty normal for SS, considering that the fastest NA SS lude I have heard so far is in the mid 15s, and the average for mildly modified SS ludes are mostly running consistent low 16s. I'm sure you can break into high 14s when spraying

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
hmm, you gained 8hp over at the wheels over a stock SS without spraying, that seems pretty good to me. your 50shot (?) got you 40HP at the wheels, which is also about right, isn't it?

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by schwett:
hmm, you gained 8hp over at the wheels over a stock SS without spraying, that seems pretty good to me. your 50shot (?) got you 40HP at the wheels, which is also about right, isn't it?</font>

really? I/H/E with 3 piece pulleys should add up to around 7-8 hp? i thought it would be more than that. i guess i was wrong. i was running 55 shots by the way. all my mods r in my signiture on my first post

·
another SS->5spd!
1,373 Posts
Let's start with your mods with requires tuning.

What kind of settings do you have with the VAFC? You only made 1 run so I guess you haven't dyno tune the VTEC controller right? Bad settings can place a large effect on dyno.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ng Luder:
thanks for the link. yea it just isnt right. with all my mods how can i get only 7 more hp and a LOWER torque level? sigh... man this is disappointing. maybe i happened to get an engine off the lot that was one of the bad ones produced. i was really hoping for 160.

</font>

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Let's start with your mods with requires tuning.

What kind of settings do you have with the VAFC?
</font>
sorry forgot to mention that. yes i didnt have a chance to dyno tune my vafc. im basically using identical settings as that one in the aol site everyone knows about. but isnt the vafc only capable of smoothening drops on the dyno curve? and not necessarily raise the peak hp?

oh yea, he stoped at 7000 rpm. but i dont think i could have gotten a better hp reading past 7000 anyways.

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Well..when in doubt...spray..

--Sam
Hahaha..look at my tailights..hahaha..

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Realistically, I think SS ludes don't respond as well to mods as a 5 speed would since it already puts less power down to the ground in the first place.

·
another SS->5spd!
1,373 Posts
That could be the reason, since settings on a SS is different than 5 speed. From factory, the air/fuel ratio of a SS is richer than the 5 speeds, so the optimal settings of a SS should be somewhat leaner.

·
another SS->5spd!
1,373 Posts
One more thing, which gear was used to make the run??

·
Registered
500 Posts
nah, i won't say it is too bad, think about it; a base usually dyno at 160-165, and since you have a SS, you should dyno at a lower number, so your initial 154 aint' that bad... and most importantly, your 55 shot gains like 40 hp to the wheels, and that is good! may not be optimum, but hey, I still think it is good. When you have time next time, go for a wide band O2 sensor, and I am sure you will know what is going on more than just dynoing..

cheer up, at least you know for sure that your Zex is working.

------------------
98 Turbo Prelude
www.151boost.com

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
i think 8hp at the wheels for I/H/E and pulleys is pretty good... that's 11HP at the crank when you figure in the 25% drivetrain loss of an SS. i've seen dynos where intakes, headers, or exhausts actually lost power

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
One more thing, which gear was used to make the run?? </font>
he did it in 3rd gear, like all the ohter cars.

i guess my results arent TOO bad... i guess my high hopes of 160s just kinda gave me a longer way down to fall on so i felt kinda sad after i found out my results. oh well, everyones gota start somewhere on a dyno. i really gota have a real dyno tune someday for my vafc though

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vabeach_lude:
is 3rd gear on a SS equivalent to a 5spd's 4th gear??</font>
i think so...but I just think for a SS, 2nd gear is the best...i don't know if running the dyno at 2nd gear would have made a difference though

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
well i dynoed 167 @ the wheels, and 131 TQ after my butt dyno settings. I have the same mods as you, but i have the fields VTEC controller, and the A'PEXi N1 exhaust. I think you just need some tuning.

------------------

99 Pearlwhite Sportshift
15.45 @ 92.37

·
Registered
241 Posts
hey ng..i was the green 4-door integra there. i thought my numbers were kinda bunk too fron the mods i have (i/h/e/gears set a 0,0) i only got 147hp and 110torque. i was expecting more, but peeps said that was normal. good to meet ya

------------------
Ken(formally MaliceLS)
95 Integra GS-R

1 - 20 of 27 Posts