Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I thought I would put together pics and such of my exhaust and header being done.

Header and exhaust both done at RPM Muffler by Paul in San Diego(La Mesa). He is the shiznit! He does great work for a good price. His shop has relocated and he downsized it to just a bay with all his things in the same center as the old shop. He is now the bay door right next to the Discount Smog shop. Here is Paul's new #619-201-3587 if anyone is interested in getting any exhaust and/or welding done. Like I said great work at a good price. Plus he is a cool ass guy.

Paid 150 for full install.

Hy-tech rep header

2.5'' Vibrant cat

Flex pipe(that I didn't end up using)

Vibrant flat black muffler #1146

So First off out with the old

In with the new

Thats all that I have so far. I still need to get a picture of underneath the car and a few shots of the header now that its changing colors also a sound clip if I can get one. The cat hangs a little low which is common for the Hy-tech reps and also not sure if I am going to put on a resonator or not. I need to hear it for myself when Im not the one always driving. Let me know what you guys think. :smt097

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are a few pics of the header and underneath the car for clearance.

Still need a sound clip. But I will do it tomorrow since I am having some rubbing issues right now. Also I will be installing a resonator. I don't believe its that loud but then again someone else might think its extremely loud... but will get a sound clip of before resonator and after.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are a couple videos I got from after getting the rubbing issue taken care of.

3rd gear coming off freeway into PB

Start up

I am going to get a drive by when I get a chance and someone to video it for me.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
You should have installed the flex pipe unless you have the bolts with the springs on them on your collector or else you'll break welds on your manifold or exhaust from all the vibration.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts