661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
190 190 186 175

how does that sound

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what can be done to higher up the compression?

·
Drives a used Dodge
7,733 Posts
nothing cheap will make you "gain" back compression

·
Registered
584 Posts
PreludePowerR said:
nothing cheap will make you "gain" back compression
Exactly. So dont buy any of that "Engine Restore", save the movey you would have spend on that on fixing whatever is causing the compression to be low on that cylinder. But before you do anything else, did you do the compression test again to verify those numbers?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how bout a Valve Adjusting, will that do anything

·
Registered
178 Posts
Are you burning oil?? If so, then you may need rings and/or valve stem seals.

Keith

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
That's not entirely true. If your valves are misadjusted, you can get poor compression thus adjusting them can bring back compression.

Hey Lazy, are you sure of the results? I say do the test again. Do a search in this forum. I did a couple of compression tests and got bad results the first time. I also explain how to get a more accurate reading. Look under "compression test."

·
Registered
181 Posts
fmshaw1971 said:
That's not entirely true. If your valves are misadjusted, you can get poor compression thus adjusting them can bring back compression.

Hey Lazy, are you sure of the results? I say do the test again. Do a search in this forum. I did a couple of compression tests and got bad results the first time. I also explain how to get a more accurate reading. Look under "compression test."
True, but I think the valves would have to be way, way out of limits before it will start screwing your compression numbers by a lot.

I agree though, do the test again. And again. Can't get trustworthy numbers just by doing it once.

Hell, it takes me about five tries just checking my oil level before I believe the dipstick! :laugh:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts