Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so it's like 12AM Friday, last night, Thursday night, Friday morning whatever, and my alarm pages me, and i peep to check even though it happens occasionally but this time i saw some heads around my car with my hood up!!! i panicked!! i put on some pants and grabbed my sword, (no, not that sword..) and ran out screaming like a looney. they took off running and i see a black civic pulling away and towards my gate. so my gate takes forever to open and i got a glimpse of the plate.

it's a black civic, late 90's model like a 98 i think. large spoiler, not a wing but a spoiler like the type R. loud exhaust. there was a look out truck outside the gate already waiting for them to finish i think.

the perps looked to be young, teens to mid 20's, asians, jeans and hoody sweaters and short asian guy hair.

when the gate finally opened the civic burned out tryin to get away from me asap. the truck sat around so i didn't think anything of it. called the cops and assessed the damages.

they managed to open my hood without breaking my window, for that i am thankful. they pulled my positive battery terminal off and ripped my siren wire but that was as far as they got before they heard the cries of a desperate man and took off.

I assume they were after my rims, which look like DC5-R/ITR rims but they are generic knock offs not worth more than $200 by themselves. Other than that, i have no stereo worth taking, it's jvc garbage, blown speakers, scratched up leather chairs with one missing head rest and no expensive engine modifications aside from an intake and an exhaust. my oem kit is incomplete. my car is nothing special compared to many nicer and easier to get integras and civics out there. i pray they leave me alone.

If you know who did this, please ask that they leave me alone. I did nothing to them and ask that they do nothing to me. I love my car and think it's utter bull **** that i can't enjoy customizing it a bit and not be able to enjoy it. but as i said above, my car is a giant work in progress that is mostly incomplete. i don't even change the oil when i should so the engine is nothing special.

the license plate number is 6EMC574, as far as i remember. wacko 911 dispatcher made me memorize a different phone number to call!!

the car looked something like this but not so pimped out. just a black civic with a big spoiler and exhaust

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
how do i, and we all, protect ourselves from having our hoods opened so easily? i read something about it here before but my search skills are poor tonight. i'm still frustrated and spooked.

·
Registered
49 Posts
i heard it was really easy to take the front grill of the preludes and pull the Hood pop wire search the forum there is a "how to" to make it almost impossible to reach from outside.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Can't anyone have any thing nice with out someone messing with it? They were just pissed because they only had a crappy civic.

Hope you catch those douche bags.

·
Pimp Member
3,949 Posts
if you don't have the plastic cover around your hood latch, it's pretty easy to get to the pull cord, but I do remember seeing a thread where you can help prevent reaching the pull cord easily.

I'm glad I can park behind my house and have 2 big ass dogs start barking when they hear noises, and once they bark, my little dog starts going crazy and she really wakes people up

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
:laugh: i love the story Storm_Rider. especially the sword and screaming part.

your sword reminded me of what i'd use in a situation like that. it's a pellet gun that looks like a real rifle, especially with the scope on it. although screaming like a mad man might do more damage.

sorry to hear though, atleast you know you're scary enough. :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
My civic once was broken into New Year night. The civic was 99% stock... It only had JVC _cassete_player_ . Who needs one these days?

Anyway... I installed my stock audio unit back after that just to keep the car stock and prevent things like this one from happening.

But anyway... I checked the door and tried to understand how the car was opened. And I did understand how that was done. And I must tell you it is very easy. I was surprised how easy it was to open that type of the door. And guess what? Prelude has same type of the door.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
My civic once was broken into New Year night. The civic was 99% stock... It only had JVC _cassete_player_ . Who needs one these days?

Anyway... I installed my stock audio unit back after that just to keep the car stock and prevent things like this one from happening.

But anyway... I checked the door and tried to understand how the car was opened. And I did understand how that was done. And I must tell you it is very easy. I was surprised how easy it was to open that type of the door. And guess what? Prelude has same type of the door.
yeah, i could steal any fellow lude owner's car if i wanted to. :D

mine shouldn't be that easy. i have a shock sensor on it that goes off if you look at it wrong. in fact, i closed my glovebox too hard today and set the alarm off.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SHIMEE: lol, thanks shimee. though i wish it was a story i'd never have to tell.

is your sword/pellet gun like the gunblade from final fantasy or something? little curious what it looks like.

SEVERRIA: Thanks for the link, i found it and most related ones already and all the pictures are gone. but i did go out with some tools and figure out how it's done on my own. maybe i did it better, maybe i did it worst. i dunno. but i tell you, i found a few other weak spots that need to be addressed.

ACCEL: sorry to hear about the civic.. but the thing with civics is, even if it's stock.. a stock one is easier to steal than a modded one albeit less valuable. mind PM'ing me on the door opening thing? is there a solution?

After lots of consideration regarding our 5th gens.. one of the best preventative steps is to make your car old school tech... unplug the power lock switches, unhook the manual door lock switches, and you can go to the extreme and unhook the door handle too. you'd have to rely solely on your remote to lock and unlock.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
SHIMEE: lol, thanks shimee. though i wish it was a story i'd never have to tell.
no its just a regular pellet rifle. doesn't look too intimidating with the cheap iron sights, but i wouldn't want to risk it with the scope and a dimly lit situation. the scope barrel is about the size of a quarter.

After lots of consideration regarding our 5th gens.. one of the best preventative steps is to make your car old school tech... unplug the power lock switches, unhook the manual door lock switches, and you can go to the extreme and unhook the door handle too. you'd have to rely solely on your remote to lock and unlock.
and if you have an alarm don't forget to do what i did: splice the "trunk open indicator light" wire to your hoodpin switch. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah the trunk light thing was done long ago. the installers did it for me on their own.

and sorry i totally read your post wrong, i thought you had a gun blade lol

·
Unregistered
4,054 Posts
Going after anyone breaking into your car with a weapon isn't a bright idea. You can suddenly go from being a victim of a break in / theft to a criminal for threatening someone.

·
Registered
88 Posts
LOL

Read up on the laws young one ;)
he's right though, well atleast where i'm from (saskatchewan) if they are on your private property you can forceibly (sp?) make them leave or defend you property.

·
Unregistered
4,054 Posts
he's right though, well atleast where i'm from (saskatchewan) if they are on your private property you can forceibly (sp?) make them leave or defend you property.
Well here in the states, each state has its own laws regarding what you can and cannot do about your property. Most of these laws only extend to your home, not your car.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Well here in the states, each state has its own laws regarding what you can and cannot do about your property. Most of these laws only extend to your home, not your car.
exactly, you say you thought your home or family could have been at risk. ;)

flailing your arms and screaming with a weapon is too much, i agree. but as soon as someone encroaches onto your property without permission or after you tell them to back off, it is your right to defend it. no question on that. this means that your defense must be equal to the offense. in Storm_Rider's case it was the middle of the night, how could he know if they didn't have weapons? not to mention they were physically engaging in something malicious, and weren't a couple punks making dry ice bombs. having a weapon was not out of line, but his voice should have been the first threat (making his presence known) and not the weapon itself.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts