Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my car has had a few problems lately.

1 My air filter got a hole in it so my car was sucking in dirt for who knows how long.
2 I changed my sparkplugs and somehow putting them in I managed to close a gap of one of them. And another plug broke a week later. Do not get split fire plugs!!

I cleaned out the FI with carb cleaner through where the intake connects. I put my old plugs in and now my car boggs down when I sit at a light for a min. then give it gas. It idles fine but when I give it gas it boggs and sometimes stalls. Once I get going it is ok until I reach High RPM's then it boggs down and sometimes backfires. The ecu is throwing no codes. I tried a fuel additive, no help. I don't know if it is all the related or not. I went to midas To have my injectors cleaned and they said dirt form the inake would not get in the injectors, and told me not to waste my money cause it would not help. He said the dirt would go into the crank case. He also said he thinks it is something that has nothing to do with the dirt or plugs. He said it could be electrical or the cat could be blocked. He said he could hook it up to their computer and if nothing is wrong then he would not charge me if he finds something it would be $60. Fuel filter and cap and rotor are all new.

Does this make sence to anyone? Anyone know what it could be?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
33 Posts
starters take out your old plugs and replace ummwith ngk's
2nd could be timing have that checked out
also check out your injectors taking them off the fuel rail and such to look to see if any of them are leaking hence the backfire
To test the cat use a rubber mallet and tap on the cat if oyu hear anything shaking around or something that doesnt sound solid then take it off and check it out
Try some of those things and if you need any help just pm or email me and I can help take you through step by step procedure

1 - 4 of 4 Posts