Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i scrubbed, wiped, polish, and this is the result.
*sigh*



any other suggestions?

------------------
AIM: ImagePree

**scratch here, ding there. Sigh...**
OG H-A Member
Who else wants these Jammies???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
957 Posts
geez, those look pretty bad



well, I was just going to post a new topic but I might as well ask here, can anyone recommend a good stainless steel polish? I would like to bring back some shine to my Mugen header. I've tried Mothers mag/aluminum polish and it doesn't seem to do much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,896 Posts
maybe it was the type of polish and other cleaners u used... could be the your scrubbing too... oh well, i love my CC and still loooks new
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
474 Posts
THere really isn't anything you can do to get that header looking good again.... Unless you get some comercial grade buffer, which might to my harm then good, you are just gonna have to live with an UGLY ass exhaust manifold.. what did you get it for looks or performance.. well considering the DC sports Header makes no power on 5g, at least from what I have heard, looks like you got screwed on all accounts.. oh well live and learn..

ANdres

------------------
1994 VTEC
Eibach Pro-kit, KYB AGX shocks, AEM CAI, AEM pullies, Thermal exhaust.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,314 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by a1andres:
what did you get it for looks or performance.. well considering the DC sports Header makes no power on 5g, at least from what I have heard, looks like you got screwed on all accounts.. oh well live and learn..
</font>
Damn that was cold....remind me to never ask for your advice
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
299 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SteveV:
geez, those look pretty bad



well, I was just going to post a new topic but I might as well ask here, can anyone recommend a good stainless steel polish? I would like to bring back some shine to my Mugen header. I've tried Mothers mag/aluminum polish and it doesn't seem to do much.
</font>
I'm looking for something like that for my Mugen headers - there's some blue marks where the installer put his hands on the thing. WHen you tried the mothers stuff (which works GREAT on the exhaust) did the headers go back to the original SS color..and then bronze when you started the engine?



------------------
97 Prelude
Mugen headers/exhaust
AEM CAI
AEM Pulleys

Koni Sports
H&R Sports
Neuspeed Upper Strut
SS Rear Sway (in box)
bunch of nyc dents
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
474 Posts
Upon review of my message I have come to the conclusion that I am having one hell of a bad day.. I sincerely apologize for my very harsh statement, especially considering how helpful everyone on this Board is.. Hey tell you what if I win the lottery, you'll be the first person I buy something for.. I'll get you a nice BRAND new set of "fuzzy" dice...

OKey DOkey....


Andres
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
299 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by imagepree:
well, i scrubbed, wiped, polish, and this is the result.
*sigh*

any other suggestions?

</font>
ACK! well it looks better than this past sunday though



------------------
97 Prelude
Mugen headers/exhaust
AEM CAI
AEM Pulleys

Koni Sports
H&R Sports
Neuspeed Upper Strut
SS Rear Sway (in box)
bunch of nyc dents
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by muncher:
ACK! well it looks better than this past sunday though

</font>
yea... at least there's a shine to it. oh well, i tried. :embarrassment: :embarrassment:

a1andres:
dont worry about it, it wasnt harsh... cuz i was expecting responses like that. hehehehe

[This message has been edited by imagepree (edited April 24, 2001).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,331 Posts
I'm glad I opted for the GReddy header!!!!

You might want to check at a Harley shop or other motorcycle shop, they usually have great polishes for chrome and metal surfaces.

------------------
94 Prelude VTEC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,437 Posts
congratulations, you're the first one to have a gunmetal header


------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CyberCivicSi:
hey i have question aboot grizzlies. there seems to be a couple mating behind the pine tree and they keep me up all night. what should i do. :D</font>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
299 Posts
you know what you have to do right?
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaMaaaUaaaGaaaEaaaNaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

subliminal message above
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by o0OO0o:
congratulations, you're the first one to have a gunmetal header

</font>
finally, a positive response. thanks!!


<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by muncher:
you know what you have to do right?
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaMaaaUaaaGaaaEaaaNaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

</font>
ehhh... will you give me yours?


[This message has been edited by imagepree (edited April 24, 2001).]
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,753 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by muncher:
you know what you have to do right?
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaMaaaUaaaGaaaEaaaNaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

subliminal message above


</font>
Hmmm...not a bad idea
! Now, if I can find someone to buy my DC Sports "more rustic" SS header
.


------------------
AIM screename: jsarino
'99 Ficus Green Pearl Type SH:
AEM cai, DC Sports SS header, Mugen exhaust, RH Evo CP-035s, GC/Konis, Spoon bars, and more!
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top