Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
RHD Club
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea i press the A/C button with the slider on cold and on panel and turn the fan on full and the green A/C light doesn't even come on and the compressor doesn't engage. Where do i begin?

·
Unregistered
4,055 Posts
when they replaced my compressor, they had to change a fuse in the underdash fuse box cuz the compressor wasn't engaging. check those fuses

·
Third time is a charm.
1,144 Posts
ive been wondering that since my compressor doesnt work, would it be easier to install the CC now? do you have to replace the compressor when you install it?

·
Registered
762 Posts
You need to resolder your circuitboard on the stock control because it looses continuity due to heat and time. Took me about an hour when I did mine (same culprit, AC light won't turn on and no cold air). But now I have a JDM climate control so no manual temp setting :cool: :D

·
Registered
762 Posts
LilImportkid said:
ive been wondering that since my compressor doesnt work, would it be easier to install the CC now? do you have to replace the compressor when you install it?
You don't need to take the compressor out if you swap to a CC but you will need to take your dash and evaporator out.

·
Unregistered
4,055 Posts
Scalifludesi said:

You don't need to take the compressor out if you swap to a CC but you will need to take your dash and evaporator out.
depends if you do the half assed swap or the full swap, haha :)

i haven't had time to install mine :mad:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Keep in mind guys...if your AC compressor did mess up, it IS on recall for 4th gens. Might save you some $$. Honda reimbursed me for the repairs. This has been discussed before though, just run a search on 'AC compressor recall' or something.

·
Third time is a charm.
1,144 Posts
P®é£ù�e95 said:
Keep in mind guys...if your AC compressor did mess up, it IS on recall for 4th gens. Might save you some $$. Honda reimbursed me for the repairs. This has been discussed before though, just run a search on 'AC compressor recall' or something.
I just bought the car, If i called Honda do you think i could still get reimbursed?
is there any official site showing the VIN #'s that are affected?

·
Registered
254 Posts
LilImportkid said:

I just bought the car, If i called Honda do you think i could still get reimbursed?
is there any official site showing the VIN #'s that are affected?
how did you make out with this? im still trying to dig up info on the recall....

·
Unregistered
4,055 Posts
yea, i never found any info relating to the a/c compressor

·
Third time is a charm.
1,144 Posts
quickprelude said:

how did you make out with this? im still trying to dig up info on the recall....
sorry, how did i make out with what?
im having a very difficult time finding info on this too, but i still havent called my local honda either, soooooo..... im not sure

·
Buttering up the muffin
965 Posts
P®é£ù�e95 said:
I called Honda and the very kind lady told me about this recall.
Hope the person you talked to was right. I've been searching

Recall Search
1996-1998 front lower ball joints recall

It's strange that I didn't find the balancer seal recall on 94-96 Preludes here????:confused:

I'll call the dealerships Monday - My compressor is not turning on=[

1 - 20 of 23 Posts