Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2728.5 without me in the car. took it to the scales out of curiousity.

93 si. full interior, not much gas (2 lights were on) jdm h22. stock rims/tires.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
prolly so.

i figure...cf hood, rims/tires would save me about 75 pounds as well. and if i didnt eat for like 2 weeks. another 10

i bet we could get our ludes down in the 2500's with major weight reductions.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
why wouldnt it be a prelude? when i say major.. i didnt mean like fiberglass body panels and s hit.. just gut the interior, no passenger seat. etc.

·
one day...
794 Posts
Assuming a specific gravity of between .69 and .75 (i've seen different numbers in the brief lookup that i did) for gasoline. That would mean a full gas tank (15.9 gal) weights right at 100 pounds. So a full tank would put you closer to honda's number, 2866 lbs.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Sounds right on. My 92 Si with JDM swap was 2750 without me in it with quite a bit of gas though. Full interior also.

Also...I doubt you could run a [email protected] with 180whp. 14.3s are usually at around 97-99mph. I'd say more along the lines of 14.5. I did run a [email protected] once though. Ever since the hesitation my top end is DEADDDD.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ya. i said thats what a calculator said =] ive never been to the track.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Absolut said:
Did you take it to a truck scale?
Cost?
Depending on where you go, it'll usually run you from 5-10 bucks. If they see you just want to weigh a car, they'll probably hook you up.

J

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ya, its free. i was just like " Yes ma'am, im just curious what my car weights." and she told me.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Yeah, for something as small as a car, they usually shouldn't care. I'd be curious as to what mine weighs, now that I've done some weight reduction.

J

·
Registered
323 Posts
I've weighed my car once at a truck weighing scale when no one is around on weekends. The scales are still hooked up and free. The digital readout on the screen said my lude with me in it and a half tank of gas was 1360 kg ~ 2992 lbs. That sounds fairly heavy compared to your weights. It was a full interior with a 12" sub.

·
one day...
794 Posts
you just pull into a truck weigh station on the side of the interstate if no one's around and there's a digital readout right next to it? seems easy enough

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
All of the ones I've been to had booths and you had to get out, go inside, etc.

J

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
They have a scale at LACR. I think I was under 2800. I dont remember the exact number.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts