Honda Prelude Online banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you have read in the Kill story forum you might have seen this, cause i posted it there by accident and i got flamed for it.

Last night i raced my friend's GSR three times. I absolutely destroyed him the first time and then he wanted to go again. so we went and i took off and pulled atleast a carlegth on him. But since we were on a side road i kinda let off after the first small turn cause i didnt know how far down we were going. So he flies by me and claims victory. So im like, ok lets go agian. Same thing happens the third time. I pull out ahead and think i have it won so i let off the throttle and he flies by me.
My question is, if we go to a long enough rad in say the industriall neighborhood and set a start and finish line, will i be able to take him all the way down? I think i will be able to but the only thing that is making me doubt it is how he has VTEC in 3rd and 4th gear where as i dont.

Oh ya, i have an intake and he has just a tenzo R muffler.
thanks,
david

·
Registered
800 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dsmatteson:
if you have read in the Kill story forum you might have seen this, cause i posted it there by accident and i got flamed for it.
</font>
So you weren't smart enough to learn the first time?

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude
see it here:Hondaprelude.com

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i got flamed because it wasnt a kill story.

there are alot of pricks on this board. all i wanted to know is if non vtec preludes have beaten a GSR. thats all i was asking? why should i get flamed for asking a simple question?

·
SuperMod
7,963 Posts
If you read what PassatVR6 wrote, you have an answer, and IMO, it's a good one. Though one that not many Si owner's like to hear.

Being an Si owner myself, as much as I hate to admit it, I'm in the group that thinks that the GSR can take us after 3rd gear. As soon as those VTEC juices start flowing, they'll be pulling past.

So if you want to win against them, keep it short and low speed. Street light to street light, you'll have a much better chance.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i understand that vabeach_lude didnt flame me and PassatVR6 gave me a good asnwere. i was just asking if any other Si's have beaten GSRs. thanks for replying
dave

·
Registered
474 Posts
Well I have a buddy of mine that owns an auto SI 92 I think.. and when we match up I beat him from start to finish.. I have a 94 vtec..
That really isn;t my point though.. I have raced MANY MANY GSR's and I have beaten most but not all... so I don't really see how an SI, which I can whoops consistently.. is gonna keep up with a GSR.. oh unless auto has a big effect on acceleration.. which I am sure it does..

99 woohoo

andres

------------------
1994 VTEC
Eibach Pro-kit, KYB AGX shocks, AEM CAI, AEM pullies, Thermal exhaust.

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
I just want to add that you should never be ashamed of your car. I think a lot of people take things to seriously when they hear they will get beat. I hope that no Prelude owner bought their car strictly for speed, that would be very hilarious if you did. Keep in mind that you have the wrong car if you think your going to beat everyone else that owns a Honda. Hell, out of all of my friends I probably have the slowest car and least hp and I am totally content with that.

------------------
14.6 @ 93.6mph with I/E

·
SuperMod
7,963 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by a1andres:
Well I have a buddy of mine that owns an auto SI 92 I think.. and when we match up I beat him from start to finish.. I have a 94 vtec..
That really isn;t my point though.. I have raced MANY MANY GSR's and I have beaten most but not all... so I don't really see how an SI, which I can whoops consistently.. is gonna keep up with a GSR.. oh unless auto has a big effect on acceleration.. which I am sure it does..

99 woohoo

andres

</font>
But the SI you're whooping is an automatic! Surely that must mean something?

Let's not turn this into an SI bashing post! Please?

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
while it's not exactly a kill story, we still move these posts there... but since you joon did that once already, i'll just have to lock this. sorry

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by badmuthrfkr:
I'd be taking her to a nice italian restaurant because italian food is my favorite so even if the date goes sour, at least I got to eat something I love.</font>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.