Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had just got gas and was on my way to my grandmas for my first thanksgiving meal of the day (I had 2 haha). I looked over when I was about 2 min from her house and saw some d bag with his windows down in a 2003 Eclipse GTS checking out my 2001 white 5th gen 5 speed base. I didnt know if he was gonna go or not but sure as **** he launched and squealed the tires a little. I had NO launch at all and I caught him by the middle of 2nd and after 2nd's VTEC I was a couple cars ahead and after 3rd's VTEC I was like 2 bus lengths ahead. I love my car :bigthumb:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont understand why people get so bent outta shape in this section? I posted this in the correct section, there is no need for crashing into wall remarks. **** you madcatz

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha thats what I was gonna say

·
I'm white
10,561 Posts
I dont understand why people get so bent outta shape in this section? I posted this in the correct section, there is no need for crashing into wall remarks. **** you madcatz
Mainly because it's really stupid. Sure everyone's done it (probably) and then they realize how stupid it is. I know I did.

Post at your own risk.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^ I gotta say I LOVE the older M coupes man! One of my dream cars.

·
Registered
81 Posts
hey guys, lets mod our cars so we can drive the speed limit and save on gas and drive miss daisy to the grocery store.

Street racing kills, so does second hand smoke. People still smoke, people still race.

This is just my observation but all the accidents and deaths I've seen regarding street racing is usually with cars that were bone stock and never should have been travelling at those speeds to begin with but their drivers, not their cars, were to blame for not understanding the limits of their vehicles. Inexperience kills, no matter what vehicle you drive. I don't like it when people stereotype me for driving a car that "looks" fast and think that I race anything that revs next to me.

you got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, and know when to walk away..

·
Lurkist
4,830 Posts
I looked over when I was about 2 min from her house and saw some d bag with his windows down in a 2003 Eclipse GTS checking out my 2001 white 5th gen 5 speed base.
"I looked over when I was about 2 min from her house and saw some d bag with his windows down in a 2001 white 5th gen 5 speed base checking out my 2003 Eclipse GTS."

·
Registered
64 Posts
1. more people get killed from texting and talking on the phone among other needless distractions rather than street racing.

2. i've seen 3 deaths by racing... all of which, on a sanctioned track.

quit crying and being e-moms... :2cents:

doesnt make street racing right or legal. but there are far, far worse things you can do.

·
Lurkist
4,830 Posts
1. I'm sure texting and talking would get more than its fair share of attention if we had a "texting and talking on the phone" forum.

2. Of the 3 deaths you've seen on the track, were there other motorists involved who were not part of the race?

:shrug:

·
Registered
64 Posts
there is no point in flaming people for texting and talking because we, like they, know its wrong... just like anyone stomping the gas on public roads. you can have your opinion just like everyone else, but its rather annoying to think people like you actually think street racing is a huge percentage when it comes to road fatalities.

reguardless of "other motorist" they were still somebody's father, son or brother.... the
nature of the the death makes it no less or more morbid... dont try to back your beliefs with insensitive remarks.

like i said, i understand your view and dont endorse it either, but its pretty pointless to try and parent these people.

continue on if you'd like. i wont carry this out with you like some here.

·
Lurkist
4,830 Posts
there is no point in flaming people for texting and talking because we, like they, know its wrong... just like anyone stomping the gas on public roads. you can have your opinion just like everyone else, but its rather annoying to think people like you actually think street racing is a huge percentage when it comes to road fatalities.
I never mentioned percentages.

reguardless of "other motorist" they were still somebody's father, son or brother.... the
nature of the the death makes it no less or more morbid... dont try to back your beliefs with insensitive remarks.
I don't think you get it.

An on-track fatality, while just as tragic as a street racing related fatality (or injury), is something that people understand. People accept that there are risks involved in racing on a track. You sign the waiver, you accept the possible consequences.

Street racing, however, is a whole different thing. By racing on the street, you're risking the lives of people who have absolutely zero to do with your activity. Blow all you want about statistics, but what gets me (and the other adults here) is that you're even taking these risks at all. What gives any street racer the right to risk the lives of everyone else on the road?

like i said, i understand your view and dont endorse it either, but its pretty pointless to try and parent these people.

continue on if you'd like. i wont carry this out with you like some here.
You're right, nobody is going to take any of this to heart, but I have every right to criticise.

My fiancee's mother and aunt both suffer long-term effects from a street racing accident that occured when they were kids. Her aunt spent months in a coma, and has to deal with the effects of severe brain trauma. She walks with a walker, has a severe speech impediment, and has limited use of her entire left side.

Their car broadsided a telephone pole after avoiding a head-on with a couple street racers.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
You're right, nobody is going to take any of this to heart, but I have every right to criticise.
Would this be a bad time to mention the thread you posted a while back about racing your Lightning against an SRT-10 doing over 100mph on a residential street?

Oh wait, that thread has "conveniently" been removed....Hmmmm...wonder why....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts