Honda Prelude Online banner

301 - 320 of 328 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Nice! I used to vacation in Corpus Christi when I lived in Amarillo! Absolutely beautiful area!
I can see how you might be racking up the mileage, doing all that driving... Doesn't take much in Texas. :)
Love your car... I would like to pick up an EBP eventually, to add to the collection. :)

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #302
Nice! I used to vacation in Corpus Christi when I lived in Amarillo! Absolutely beautiful area!
I can see how you might be racking up the mileage, doing all that driving... Doesn't take much in Texas. :)
Love your car... I would like to pick up an EBP eventually, to add to the collection. :)
haha thats no lie for sure in Texas. I was up in Dallas for a prelude meet in June too and during that trip I broke the 90k barrier.

can't go wrong with adding an EBP to the garage. do it!! lol

·
Administrator
13,753 Posts
Nice shots as always. :)

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #309
These Ludes are just amazing to look at. Thanks for sharing the pics.
Droooool!!!! :bigthumb:
Thanks! :D

Slowly adding to the lude again.
I picked up these really nice convex lenses. I could never find myself a set of the Level mirrors so these are the next best thing. :) Can't wait to install them this weekend.

oh and Im officially rolling on my favorite wheels again :D

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Slowly adding to the lude again.
I picked up these really nice convex lenses. I could never find myself a set of the Level mirrors so these are the next best thing. :) Can't wait to install them this weekend.

I was debating on picking up a set of those too, I was glad to see you got them. I'll be looking forward to your thoughts of them and some installed pics.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #311

First Impressions:
So I finally had a chance to install the Convex Mirror lenses today. :)
Over the years I've been looking to acquire a set of Level lenses but they were so hard to come by.
So when I saw the news that Cesar replicated a set and started producing them I had to jump at the opportunity and buy me a set.

The Endless mirror lenses are replicas of the Level lenses, which coincidentally were replicas of the original and super rare Spoon lenses that were made long ago for the BB6.
When I first received the lenses earlier this week I was immediately impressed with the overall quality. The lenses have a nice thickness to them and the etched? Endless logo does look pretty slick.
The lenses naturally have a slight outward curvature in the center to increase the overall field of view and they are tinted blue to minimize glare from headlight beams.

As you can see above, there is a quite a big difference from the stock mirrors and on the driver’s side mirror especially it's almost like having an extra 180 degrees of horizontal view.

Overall I have to say I'm really satisfied with my purchase and they are the perfect complement to my Spoon Rear View Convex Mirror lens.
Now I’m really looking forward to putting these lenses to the test on the highway when I take the lude out for Cars and Coffee tomorrow. :)

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #313
Its been a looooonnnng time since Ive made an update and quite a few things have been done to the lude since my last post in 2013. Brakes and front suspension was overhauled and even a few new goodies were added ;)

First started off late last year taking apart the front suspension.

My CV axles and outer tie rods and lower ball joints were shot so those were all replaced. My rusty old vice got the job done when pressing in my new ball joints lol

With everything taken apart my Rotor Hats and Calipers needed a serious overhaul so I sent them off to my good friend Cesar at Amog Custom Coatings to work his magic on them..

While the calipers were away I decided to do a bit more tucking in the bay and relocated by battery to the trunk. I ended up using a Deka ETX16 AGM sealed battery. Its a great battery for the money and is pretty much the equivalent of the Braille Racing Batteries but for a fraction of the cost. In this old pic you can see I have it temporarily mounted together with my Cut Off Switch.

BAMMM!! Later picked up my Rotor Hats and Calipers. The rotor hats were powder coated in Metallic Flash Pearl.

Brembo Serial Number on the back of the hat.

And this was pretty slick..my buddy Cesar had the awesome idea of polishing the face of the calipers to bare metal so he could stencil and tape off the brembo logo and powdercoat the rest in a Silver Stardust powder. It came out amazing to say the least. :)

Before reassembling the suspension and BBK I polished all the fastening hardware for the Two Piece Rotors. and in this pic you can also see the 2ga wiring I ran plus I used a black sleeving on the wire for a cleaner appearance.

The polished Brembo lettering is subtle but it really stands out in the right light.

Front Suspension done, wheels back on and engine bay updated with the minor tucks such as the horns, headlight harnesses etc.

So then it continues lol..at the beginning of the year I took off my bumper to have it repainted it. I prepped the bumper by scuffing the paint with some 3m sand paper and filled in the rock chips with some Kombi Putty.

I sent the bumper off to a local buddy of mine for paint. I had the paint color matched by a local paint store where they used a camera to scan my existing EBP paint so the overall match came out pretty nice.

My OCD was kicking in so I wanted to eliminate some of the orange peel so of course I wetsanded and polished it up real nice with my Meguiars M101 compound and M205 polishes. ;)

With the bumper off and all lights off I figured it was time to replace my fog lights again. My old ones were getting old and weathered so I bought myself a cleaner set and some more yellow capsules to retrofit inside.

I wanted to do something different with the JDM fogs this time so I ended up taping off the inside reflector and painted the edge black to simulate that black housing style similar to my Headlights. Came out pretty good. :)

Let there be light!! lol Fog Lights on and mounted!

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #314 (Edited)
So one of those goodies I got? check this out!

What was in the box? !

Legit Mugen Sideskirts!!! Had taken me over 3 years to find me a set and I finally did! :D

They were in fantastic shape so I sent them off for paint.

with them freshly painted OEM optionals off and Genuine Mugens on! Love how with them being legit they bolted on perfectly using the stock fasteners on the bottom. Real easy installation.

A few more shots with them on! I had to be so careful driving around because they do sit a lot lower than the OEM optionals.I was so scared of damaging them!

while not as cool as the Mugen Sideskirt goodies I did get a few more lil goodies for the bay.

My good friend Joe Gomez graciously gave this during a recent Import Alliance event in Dallas. JDM fuse box cover

and one of my real good friends Luis gave me some more Mugen Washers..oh yeah!

So speaking of that Import Alliance event in Dallas!.. well it ended up raining like crazy that day! but I was able to get a few good pics from that event.

Edwin Castillo, me and Joe Gomez and his RHD build. ( simply amazing)

and one of me and the man!! Joe Gomez!!!

Another one of that RHD. BBK front and rear, fully shaved engine bay with RHD conversion and full SIR interior with navigation. even rear wiper too.

·
Administrator
13,753 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #320
Time again for a long overdue update lol. Things have been quiet for awhile but I have steady been active collecting parts and installing some more goodies over the past year. ;)

Picture time? :D

Lets start off with this..
I admit, I am a wheel whore and love all kinds of wheels period. So late last year I had an opportunity to pick up a new set for the collection.

What was in the box.. a set of nicely spec'd of 18" Three Piece Desmond Wisesports.

I immediately test fitted them but unfortunately the fronts don't clear the Brembo Caliper even with my custom 7mm spacer. A 15mm spacer should give me the necessary clearance.

The wheels were in great condition but I wanted to go with a more updated color for the faces. I took them apart and sent them off for powdercoating.

I chose to go with a charcoal mist powder from prismatic powders but unfortunately the powder kept on reacting with the faces even after they were sandblasted. So for now, these wheels are on hold until I choose another color and get them redone with traditional paint. :(

In the meantime I picked up these nice CNC'd radiator mount pieces from BB Alliance TB - Home to help spruce up the engine bay some more.

With the lude all clean I went out for a photoshoot.

301 - 320 of 328 Posts