Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Warning: User Senile
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well I was looking around and didn't find a really nice pedal install... so here's mine :p

Ok, well I had an extra $160 lying around so I decided to get Mugen pedals :biggrin:

Here's a step by step, this will work with a 5th gen, and pretty much the same thing for 4ths :)

Well, what you get are 3 pedals, 4 plates, 2 30mm for the clutch/brake and 2 20mm for the accelerator and 4 metal screws if you need to screw the accelerator into the accelerator pedal cover.

this is what I started with:

1. removing your old clutch and brake pads... these are pretty simple. all you have to do is pry with your hand and it'll come off :)
2. removing your accelerator pedal is a *****... this should have it's own how-to!
a. get down and look at your accelerator pedal.
b. feel around, you will notice a piece of plastic (tab) over the top of the pedal, well this is what you're aiming at prying off...then you can slide the pedal cover down.
I know you can't see it in this pic, but if you use a mirror you can see exactly what needs to be done.

well I pryed with a small screwdriver up top and got it off...
this is what you should end up with...

and then some comparisons...

·
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
and continued....
ok, now for the fun stuff...
3. peel the tape off one of the brake/clutch pedals (there the same thing)

4. insert the bottom the pedal into the bottom of the cover... then push upward to ensire a good fit.
5. use the 30mm plates and the BLACK hex head screws and screw the screws into the plates behind the covers...

6. tighten the heck outta them

(damned I've got lots of pics!!!)
7. The accelerator pedal!!! Again, this should have it's own install...
a. well I didn't want to take all of the tape off of the pedal (i'm weird)
b. the instructions tell you where to put the screws... for the bb6 it says the 2nd row from the top and the very bottom (letter B in the pic)

c. ok, here's the tricky part, the pedal is clamped down, so what I did was use the screws and fastened the clamping plate via 1 or 2 turns of the screw. I did this for the top bar...
d. well as soon as i had the pedal cover in place, I held the pedal on while I tightened the top screws.
e. I then tightened the bottom plate on...
Note: now for installing the accelerator cover, you can pretty much install it with the screws (which I may do later) or not. The only reason I would use the screws is because the pedal is held on by like .1mm of material from the clamps... a really tight fit... or would that be loose? :confused:
well tighten the hell our of your screws :)
this is what you should end up having :bigthumb:

LARGE Images available if you take "small" out of the url for the above pics.

Let me know what you guys think.

·
¡¡¡ǝɹǝɥ sɐʍ sdnʇuǝɯǝɔ
5,891 Posts
good deal, not sure if I want to break down and buy these pedals since there is a deal on them in the classifieds being offered up by another sponsor.

·
Banned
1,721 Posts
nice. I used different screw holes because I wanted the gas pedal to sit lower. But nice! Basically the opposite of what you did. Top screw holes. then the one up from the bottom. Nice pics.

·
Banned
1,721 Posts
I got mine for 140 shipped off ebay. :bigthumb: mugen box and never opened. guess it fell off a truck or soemthing..

how do you clean that coral mesh? mine is a bit dirty and I tried a tooth brush and didn't have luck. but I guess I could take then out and use water etc.. :eek:

·
Registered
908 Posts
WOW....they look great!!!

i have never seen a set in person before.
how's the material on the brake and clutch pedal?
it is a sand paper material? can it peel off through time?

how do the pedals feel?

I'm concern about the rough sand paper-like finish on the clutch. because I tend to have the clutch slide along my foot.....thus, having it a little slippery helps. (i keep my heel to the ground while using the clutch)

·
Banned
1,721 Posts
natcc99 said:
WOW....they look great!!!

i have never seen a set in person before.
how's the material on the brake and clutch pedal?
it is a sand paper material? can it peel off through time?

how do the pedals feel?

I'm concern about the rough sand paper-like finish on the clutch. because I tend to have the clutch slide along my foot.....thus, having it a little slippery helps. (i keep my heel to the ground while using the clutch)
It's a coral mess. you would need to see it in person... I have no idea how they would replicate it. I love them. got some dirt in them though.. gotta take it out and clean it.

is the guy that made that dead pedal selling it? I'd buy one. :bigthumb:

·
¡¡¡ǝɹǝɥ sɐʍ sdnʇuǝɯǝɔ
5,891 Posts
Try simple green and a stiff brush

·
Registered
950 Posts
damn that looks nice... i should just buy myself a set since mine dont grip for shiet when my shoes are wet.. haha sounds like a good excuse heh

·
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mirror's *** b/c it's april's... a girl :p

the pedals... I've had to clean mine 2x now (had them about a month in bad weather) easiest way I found was a strong detergent or simple green, put a mat or towel under the pedals and spray the hell outta them... then scrub with a brush... then use a small bucket of clean water and dip the pedals in the bucket... towel dry... found out microfiber wont grip the pedals as much... but the best thing to dry them with... is to go drive aggresively without shoes... just your socks <<< don't actually do this as YOU WILL have to buy new socks ;)

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Phryxis said:
are they gonna mess up my feet? i drive without shoes all the time :|
Mugen pedals will tear up your feet and or socks. Think of it as metal coral. It's not a pitted surface like it appears in pics, it's like a woven metal coral that will chew your feet up if you drive aggressively.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
great writeup :bigthumb:

FAQ this!!!

<----mugen pedals owner over herrrrr :D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts