Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anywhere that you can buy just a Greddy EVO or a Greddy muffler without the pipes that go with the complete kit. Looking for a good sound without having to pay 500.00 bucks. I would be williing to get another brand if they come with muffler only. Anybody know?

·
Boston, MA
4,476 Posts
I think it would be useless man i dont find good sound if its not a catback not only that you wont get much gains if your are even looking for any.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm mostly just wanted sound don't expect much power. Its just my stock muffler is falling apart and needs replacing cheap. WHat about a DTM muffler. Are these worth having?

·
Registered
548 Posts
get a cai or ram if you want the sound....

and just replace the muffler since it's fallin apart and get a catback when u have the money or something.

i've got an SH stock exhaust w/ 14K miles on it no probs whatsoever for sale. pm if interested.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already have the CAI. These pipes that come with the full exhaust can't be that great. Anybody know anything about the DTM mufflers?

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
isn't it a good idea to get just the muffler and the take it to a shop to get it installed with larger diameter piping? i think it would be alot cheaper than getting a greddy cat-back.

·
Boston, MA
4,476 Posts
TA2'D said:
isn't it a good idea to get just the muffler and the take it to a shop to get it installed with larger diameter piping? i think it would be alot cheaper than getting a greddy cat-back.
You dont haft to get a greddy want sound get a Apex'i N1.

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
I have a Thermal R&D catback for sale for $350. They are around $500 new. I'll be in Alabama for the Prelude National Meet in June, not too far from Georgia ;)

·
USAF
1,519 Posts
I only have a muffler, look in my sig for a pic. Most people think it's the Tanabe catback but it's not.. Sounds pretty close, slight power gain mostly in the later gears (4th and 5th gear pull better). I still want a full catback exhaust though, something with 60mm piping.

·
Registered
244 Posts
i have a dtm muffler..it looks almost stock, but its really loud..i guess thats because of the high flow cat..but then even before i had the cat..it was pretty loud.

·
Boston, MA
4,476 Posts
^ not all mexicans or southerns are liek that many, american ******** follow the same route ;)

·
Premium Member
2,906 Posts
Save up for full cat-back...just a muffler will produce a HORRIBLE sound that'll sound worse than a Civic!

·
Registered
839 Posts
well also to let you know. teh greddy Axel back portion wont line up with the stock B pipe. I tired. didnt work. I have a Sh though. I dont know if that matters.

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
If i were you, I would just buy a muffler that you like. Something that looks decently made and then have a muffler shop flange it on.

--Sam

·
i like firearms... :)
179 Posts
When I got my car I had a universal straight thru muffler put on till I could afford a full exhaust. I love the sound of mine. It's has a really throaty sound.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts