Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at my mudguards today... I dont really like them. Do you guys who run without them notice that your paint is taking any more of a beating? Just from looking at my car, it looks like the back is fine with or without them, but the front seems like the area right at the rocker panel might get beat up. How are your cars doing without them? Thanks in advance.
 
7

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nighttime:
I was looking at my mudguards today... I dont really like them. Do you guys who run without them notice that your paint is taking any more of a beating? Just from looking at my car, it looks like the back is fine with or without them, but the front seems like the area right at the rocker panel might get beat up. How are your cars doing without them? Thanks in advance.</font>
I still have rock chips along the fender well because of using race tires. I think that the mugd guards really helped otherwise I would have rock chips all over the place....

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,979 Posts
i used to have mudguards on my former prelude and on my current prelude i dont.

yes, mudguards actually help! spring's just around the corner and things are getting muddier and slushy... i'm about to buy a set myself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
I have them on-- I think they do help keep the car somewhat cleaner and I do like the way they look. GET EM!!!

------------------
2000 Blue Lude--5spd (of course)..

I hate this forum more and more every day.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
13,749 Posts
My mudguards have been sitting in the garage for almost two years...hehe...

------------------
AIM screename: jsarino
'99 Ficus Green Pearl Type SH:
AEM cai, DC Sports SS header, Mugen exhaust, RH Evo CP-035s, GC/Konis
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US http://www.planetstarseige.com/allyourbase/


[This message has been edited by jacques (edited April 01, 2001).]
 

·
&quot;PO Doc&quot;
Joined
·
1,484 Posts
If anyone needs a set of 5g mudguards, let me know. I stupidly bought them, thinking that they would fit over the OEM Body kit. I still am going to try to find some that do, so that during winter/spring months, the paint doesn't take a beating.

Neel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,982 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nmehta211:
If anyone needs a set of 5g mudguards, let me know. I stupidly bought them, thinking that they would fit over the OEM Body kit. I still am going to try to find some that do, so that during winter/spring months, the paint doesn't take a beating.

Neel
</font>
you should have asked me before you bought them from me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,158 Posts
yeh i took mine off b/c it was scraping too much after i lowered it. i think its fine without it. but its really up to you.
 

·
Theoretical Physicist
Joined
·
3,621 Posts
Yeah, I have them and recommend them too. I had them on my 1993 VTEC too.

Just be warned - once you put them on and drive a few thousand miles, the paint underneath them gets all f'ed up... So it's not going to be pretty if you ever decide you don't want them on anymore and take them off...

Andrew
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
648 Posts
I removed mine after because the car is lowered they were scraping a lot - especially the front ones... I don't think I've really noticed any difference in how dirty the car gets and I do think now the overall look is "cleaner". BTW aklucsarits is correct my paint is messed up (Diamond White Pearl) where the mudguards were - doesn't look to bad now after spending some $$ on 3M cleaning products.

------------------
Yum, VW GTIs for breakfast lunch and dinner...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
"Just be warned - once you put them on and drive a few thousand miles, the paint underneath them gets all f'ed up... So it's not going to be pretty if you ever decide you don't want them on anymore and take them off..."

Thats the main reason Im trying to decide right now, while I only have around 700 miles on it. I dont worry so much about dirt, its the rock chips I hate... I do plan on lowering it at some point, not much, between 1" and 1.25", but not more than 1.5, so I take that into consideration. Thanks for all the input, I appreciate it!

Late edit: 71dsp: I just thought about what you said. Im planning on getting race tires to autox on (hopefully later this season), do you drive with them on to events, or trailer them. Im close enough to my events to drive with a set on, and I know those would definetely toss rocks.

------------------
2001 Prelude Base
Electron Blue Pearl
No mods yet.

[This message has been edited by nighttime (edited April 02, 2001).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,397 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by aklucsarits:
Yeah, I have them and recommend them too. I had them on my 1993 VTEC too.

Just be warned - once you put them on and drive a few thousand miles, the paint underneath them gets all f'ed up... So it's not going to be pretty if you ever decide you don't want them on anymore and take them off...

Andrew
</font>

i can attest to the truth of this too....when i put my rs kit on my 4th gen 92 lude, the paint under was all messed up.......the passenger side even had a crack where the edge of the guard contacted the paint...i'm just waiting for the weather to get better so i can try to clean it up a bit
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top