Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you wire up a USDM harness to make the Fogs turn on at will without having to turn on the parking lights nor the headlights?

I have seen several pics of members here and there having just their jdm fogs on, nothing else. How did you guys do this mod?

thx :)

·
Retired, sorta
4,968 Posts
i haven't studied the usdm harness enough but most ppl do it with the jdm harness =-P

·
Dave
1,468 Posts
I did it using the JDM harness its really easy, check out the write up. That should give you an idea of where you need to plug the one wire...its just a matter of finding that wire on the USDM harness.

·
I don't believe in Titles
3,081 Posts
I'm just throwing this out so I apologize if it's wrong but the USDM harness has two relays - one for the switch and one that "monitors" the high beam setting. The ability to turn the fog on the JDM harness comes from the fuse panel on ports 1 or 2 - depending on which one you use, it powers the switch in two different ways - if the switch has power, you can turn on the lights. You would have to hotwire one of the relays used in the USDM harness to do the same effect.

·
Official PO.com Fob
2,062 Posts
man, i'm gonna be getting my jdm fogs pretty soon.....and i'm gona have to deal with all this wiring...and i HATE wiring. i think imma make jon (ludatic) do it all for me :bigthumb: :laugh:

·
...under an umbrella
1,489 Posts
I originally had my foggies set to turn on and off w/o the parking lights/headlights being on. The draw back to that was that you don't have the headlight reminder to remind you whether or not you've forgotten to turn off your fog lights. I didn't like that so I hooked them up as they are supposed to.

·
I don't believe in Titles
3,081 Posts
gioe said:
I originally had my foggies set to turn on and off w/o the parking lights/headlights being on. The draw back to that was that you don't have the headlight reminder to remind you whether or not you've forgotten to turn off your fog lights. I didn't like that so I hooked them up as they are supposed to.
WHich harness were you using?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts