Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
yes, it's an ss
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car starts fine when jump starting from another car or from one of those portable battery packs. When I try to start it on its own, it just makes a fast clicking sound for as long as I hold the key in the start position. I took out my starter and had it checked at an auto parts store, they said it was bad so I replaced it. They said the battery was still good. Still doesn't want to crank over, but now it it only makes the clicking sound for a second before all my dash lights disappear. Before, the dash lights would at least stay on. What do I check/do next?

Pretty unorganized up there, just getting a little frustrated.

·
Unregistered User
4,287 Posts
After you start it with a jump what happens if you turn the car off then try to start it again?

·
yes, it's an ss
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing. After I replaced the starter, itj ust clicks for a second and dash lights turn off. If I let the key back in the ON position, the dash lights slowly come back on.

Before I replaced it, it would just keep making the clicking sound, which I'm assuming is the starter solenoid.

·
Unregistered User
4,287 Posts
Hmm check your battery terminal connections and ground points.

·
Pimp Member
3,949 Posts
either the battery has a bad cell, or you may need new battery terminals. A battery can read good on a computer, but actually be bad. I'd try and borrow someone elses battery just to see what happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts