Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whattup guys,

today's my birthday, and it turned out my girlfriend bought me an Autometer Cobalt Tach. I think it looks really cool cuz the Cobalt is basically black with blue numbers, and a blue shiftlight.

I was wondering that since I have reverse indiglo dash gauges, and the power source for the reverse indiglos is hooked up to the power to the DIN dimmer switch, how am I supposed to hook up the power for the lights to the tach?

I suppose I could solder a new tap to the existing tap where I connected the dimmer switch to the reverse indiglo power wire, but would this take up too much power from that one source? Meaning... since I have power going to the dimmer switch, and it's now tapped by the power for the reverse indiglos, is adding one more tap, the tap for the Tach going to be too much power taken being split up, so would that make my interior lights darker, my reverse indiglo lights darker, and the tach lights darker as well?

Is there another place I can hook up the tap for the Tach light power source instead of the dimmer switch?

thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it.

·
Just say NO to euro-rice
2,926 Posts
i hooked up power sources for three guages + monster tach into the same power source wire under the dash, and just checked if the cables got hot, and they didnt. technically, i should have done a cleaner install but the car is taking it fine. Oh, and its the Lunar series if that makes any difference on voltage draw...

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
i have the lunar series also but not the tach, i have the gauges on the a pillar.....i didnt install them myself so i wouldnt know where theyre hooked up to so i couldnt tell you but i would imagine its the same wire you tapped for your indiglos since thats what i did and it is the hookup for the lights/dimmer

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
You can hook the wire up to the fuse that the running lights run off of. That way when you turn on the light then the tach will also recieve signal. We get signal!

--Sam

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
checkmate58 said:
You can hook the wire up to the fuse that the running lights run off of. That way when you turn on the light then the tach will also recieve signal. We get signal!

--Sam
How exactly do I hook it up to a fuse? Sorry...

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi guys,

How exactly to I hook up the tap into the fuse? Do you mean just find out which fuse I need, and figure out which wire comes out from that fuse? And then just tap into the wire?

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Just put the wire into the fuse slot and push the fuse into it. Make sure it won't fall out. That should work. That's what I did.

--Sam

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow... that sounds pretty easy... Thanks a lot!

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
axio said:
Wow... that sounds pretty easy... Thanks a lot!
Yeah..sorry it took so long to answer you. Anyways... tell me how it goes.. also I double-checked my wire to the fuse box to make sure I had the right answer for you.

--Sam

1 - 11 of 11 Posts