Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my plan was to keep my stock 93 Prelude wheels on the car and just paint the outters black and leave them alone but one wheel seems to have some kind of slight bend and they are all chipped up around the edges from the PO and just plain out look like crap...
This car is my daily driver and will continue to be my DD so it needs to be reliable and comfortable. I figured I'd buy some new wheels and tires and upgrade to some 17" wheels with black centers and polished or chrome lip to match the blacked out theme on my car. I MIGHT do 16" wheels to have a taller sidewall but not sure because I just want to fill in the gap between the fenders and wheels without having to buy a lowering kit right now.
Please check out this link and tell me what you guys think on these wheels and tires. Like I said, I dont need or have the money for Racing Harts or any kind of high end brand wheel and then again I do not want the cheapest either.
Are these wheels a good quality and lighter than stock?
Are the tires too tall for a 45 series or do I need to go to a 40 series? Keep in mind that later down the road I plan to lower the car right under 2 inches (1.8 or so).
Wheel Details - Discount Tire Direct
Tire Details - Discount Tire Direct
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW, if there is a better tire out there for around $100-$120 that is great in the rain please let me know as well. The tires I have now are no good in rain and I have hydroplaned a dozen of times already.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Thank you for providing all the details. You are considering some very good products. Momo wheels are very well built. The quality of the wheel's construction and finish is by no means entry. Thumbs up from me on these.

As for tires. If you are looking for a comfortable tire for Daily driving and want something that is good in the rain. I will tell you, hands down the F1 All Seasons are the way to go. These will grip and handle just as good if not better than your typical high performance tire in this size (with the exception on an RT tire) and they will handle, wet conditions much better as well. A few months ago I put this tire to the test at a Goodyear ride and drive event, these tires were amazing on dry surfaces and outstanding on wet conditions. This is not to say that if you tried hard enough you couldn't get them to brake loose over water, you could hydroplane any tire if you drive fast enough.

Goodyear F1 All Season I should also mention these have a $50.00 mail in rebate right now when you buy 4.

If we can help you with any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Edit: I almost forgot, for fitment, you are looking at the correct sizes. The 205/45R17 will be a great size for you before and expecially after your drop.

-Travis

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot for the info! Do you guys have any deals going on right now for a wheel and tire combo or anything like this?
I am very interested in this and need to get ready and order these things soon. Looks like the wheels are not in stock so it will take a while to even get them, that is why I am trying to decide soon.
Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Thanks a lot for the info! Do you guys have any deals going on right now for a wheel and tire combo or anything like this?
I am very interested in this and need to get ready and order these things soon. Looks like the wheels are not in stock so it will take a while to even get them, that is why I am trying to decide soon.
Thanks again!
We sure do! Right now we are offering $50.00 off any set of four wheels. We will also mount and balance your wheel and tire combination at no additional charge.

I checked with MOMO and you're right, no ETA on these right now. Was there another wheel you were interested in?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I searched through and I think these are the wheels I want so if I have to wait a few more weeks I can possibly do so, I just cant wait a few months, my tires now will not last me that long. :laugh:
I am wanting black center with chrome lip and the doubled 7 spokes that it has on there now if that makes sense.
I did some research on these wheels and a lot of people said they are on the heavier side but for a daily driver they are the best for the money as far as that goes and that is what I am looking for.
So $50 off of the wheel and tire combo PLUS $50 rebate on the tires is what I get is this correct? How long will this last for and if not for much longer is there a way I can put these wheels on hold and still get the discount?

Again, sorry for all of the questions. I do appreciate you taking the time to help me out!

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
I searched through and I think these are the wheels I want so if I have to wait a few more weeks I can possibly do so, I just cant wait a few months, my tires now will not last me that long. :laugh:
I am wanting black center with chrome lip and the doubled 7 spokes that it has on there now if that makes sense.
I did some research on these wheels and a lot of people said they are on the heavier side but for a daily driver they are the best for the money as far as that goes and that is what I am looking for.
So $50 off of the wheel and tire combo PLUS $50 rebate on the tires is what I get is this correct? How long will this last for and if not for much longer is there a way I can put these wheels on hold and still get the discount?

Again, sorry for all of the questions. I do appreciate you taking the time to help me out!
No need for apologies, I'm here to help :bigthumb:

At this time, there is no set date on when this promotion will end. If you purchase the combination you will certainly get $50 off the wheels and a $50.00 mail in rebate on the tires. However, best case senerio would put these wheels 3 to 4 months out and that's if MOMO starts production tomorrow, which probably won't happen. By that time the mail in rebate will be over :eek:

What do you think about this wheel?

MB Weapon

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I prefer black center with chrome/polished lip. I need 4 lug though in 17 inch, it doesn't look like it offers the correct bolt pattern... I will look into another wheel though since I will need a new set of wheels and tires in about 4 weeks. Either that or I will buy some new cheaper tires for now until those wheels come in.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
I prefer black center with chrome/polished lip. I need 4 lug though in 17 inch, it doesn't look like it offers the correct bolt pattern... I will look into another wheel though since I will need a new set of wheels and tires in about 4 weeks. Either that or I will buy some new cheaper tires for now until those wheels come in.
They do offer the Weapon in the 4 lug pattern. I thought they produced it in your 4-114.3 PCD but they don't, only 4-100 and 5 lug applications. What do you think of this wheel? I know it's not a seven spoke, but I think it would look nice.

Drag DR 21

There's nothing more subjective than the styles of wheels. With that said, let me know how I can help. I'll make sure we get you the best possible deal.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds good Travis I appreciate the help. I will take that wheel into consideration because it actually looks great I like it. I know there is not many doubled 7 spoked wheels out there so it is hard. I wanted to keep a wheel with 7 spokes like the stock 93 prelude wheels are but with gaps between each spoke. I dont like TOO much open space. Anyways I will look into it over the weekend and figure out what I will do.
I thought about it today while at work and I may go with just cheap tires for now to last until the MOMO Corse RPM's come in because they are pretty much exactly what I want.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Any update on if these Momo Course RPM's are available now? I have been waiting to see if they will be back in stock and cannot wait MUCH longer because my tires are just about gone and I do not want to buy 15" tires for the stock wheels. If not I may have to buy my tires and wheels locally.
Thanks for any info!

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Your patience paid off! :bigthumb:

Just got off the phone with Momo and it does look like they are back in stock now. Give us a call when you can and we'll build you a package. We mount and balance wheel and tire packages for Free. 1.888.459.4080. If you know what you want you can also build your own package online. Just add what you want to your cart. When you add both wheels and tires we'll mount and balance them for you.

Momo Course RPM

1 - 12 of 12 Posts