Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on a 99 prelude and the mode door actuator is inop (the motor that controls what vent the air comes out of like the face, feet, windshield, etc). I tried looking online for a new one (Honda Part # 79140-S30-A01) but no one seems to make a replacement even in the aftermarket area. I was hoping someone on here knew of a fix or where I could source one.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I wonder if this one would work?....https://www.ebay.com/itm/192044094504?hash=item2cb6b85428:g:x50AAOSwx2dYJ47O

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was in the same predicament a few months ago and my air recirculation actuator died years ago. I replaced the motors driving the actuators. Luckily these motors are common in power door lock actuators.
BTW that actuator posted on eBay won’t work. Preludes are special vehicles.
I put together this shoddy DIY video with more info in the description:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am working on a 99 prelude and the mode door actuator is inop (the motor that controls what vent the air comes out of like the face, feet, windshield, etc). I tried looking online for a new one (Honda Part # 79140-S30-A01) but no one seems to make a replacement even in the aftermarket area. I was hoping someone on here knew of a fix or where I could source one.
Please click on the title of the video to get to YouTube and read the video description.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts