Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
B cuz I got it like that.
10,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a hard time picking which Mitsubishi Eclipse is what.. a GS, GSX, or whatever... is there any trick I should know looking at their car that would give up what the other guy is driving?

almost all of the ones I see nowadays are debagged. or Have stupid altessa lights going across the back. I got killed by a GSX.. but then walked some other eclipse.. but I dont know what kind it was.

·
Registered
501 Posts
2nd Gen 97+ stock GSX has higher spoiler, dual exhaust, fog light, 17" rims, and i don't think GS have any of those stock. GST is pretty much the same with 16" rims.

95~96 GSX are little hard to recognize, but they still have better rims, exhaust, ... ..

1st gen GSX are hard to tell, i just don't race any of them cuz there are so many 12's 1st gen AWD DSM around here....

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
If the eclipse has stock exhuast you can tell if its a turbo or not because the turbo will have dual exhaust. The problem with just goin by the high wing is that it is an option for the nonturbo so some of those will have it. BTW the gst is turbo front wheel drive while the gsx is turbo + AWD.

·
Registered
729 Posts
You can look at the moldings/side mirrors. If they aren't painted then it is an RS Non Turbo. But if the car is debaged, it is going to be hard to tell the GS and GS-T apart. For 99 the GS came with raised spoiler and 17" wheels.

Listen for the Waaaaapsssssshhhh, that would give you a good idea.

·
Registered
86 Posts
A really easy way to tell is talk to the driver... If hes a cocky mo fo then its usually a GST or GSX :) In my personal experience all the turbo DSM guys I have met think DSMs are gods gift to cars. I changed one guy's mind really quick when i put over 3 cars on him from 0 to 90... good times

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
^^^^WOW...all my friends that have GSXs or GSTs, and the older Tsi and RS have all been cool and hell and none of them are cocky, unless approched by a cocky Honda lover who thinks VTEC is GOD, and VTEC aint sh1t compared to a turboed 1st or 2nd gen DSM.

·
Registered
501 Posts
makavelli1227 said:
^^^^WOW...all my friends that have GSXs or GSTs, and the older Tsi and RS have all been cool and hell and none of them are cocky, unless approched by a cocky Honda lover who thinks VTEC is GOD, and VTEC aint sh1t compared to a turboed 1st or 2nd gen DSM.
agree, i don't think you should judge a person that way. i had a 97 GSX before the prelude and i don't think i was a d!ck. i never even picked up race on the streets nor did i talk **** about other peoples cars. i love all cars and i know there are too many cars that are better than turbo DSM. i just really hate those stupid kids after seeing F&F and come up to me like "y0 gOt NAAAWWWZZZZZ tHeRe?!" or "i'LL sMoKe Y0U wHeN mY vEEEE-tEcK k|cKs |n..."

one kid even asked me what a turbo timer was... :rolleyes: he was like oh is that how you control your turbo?? :laugh:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.