Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Theoretical Physicist
3,621 Posts
We need to make a poll to vote on which current professional althelte is the most self-destrctive of their carreer:

Terrell Owens
Bode Miller
Barry Bonds
Who else?

I suppose you could have another category for non-pro althletes too:
Marcus Vick
Maurice Clarrett
Who else?
:laugh:

Andrew

·
www.desispeed.com
722 Posts
^^but what truth has he spoken about?? Does he have first hand proof about the allegations?? Till he does this is nothing but slander

·
finding my place.........
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the guy is obviously just trying to get plablicity. I mean how many professional skiers can you name? This guy got the cover of TIME magazine, Newsweek, is in the current issue of RollingStone, and was a headline story on 60 minutes.

I'll just find it funny if he doesn't win anything in the olympics

·
Registered
903 Posts
desispeed said:
^^but what truth has he spoken about?? Does he have first hand proof about the allegations?? Till he does this is nothing but slander

you need proof that barry bonds took steroids? the only reason why armstrong hasn't been outed is because the evidence showing he tested positive can't be used, since they tested old samples.

He HAS told the truth about skiing drunk, hasn't he? it was stupid, but I'd much rather have sports professionals that are overly honest, rather than ones that lie or refuse to answer questions.

·
www.desispeed.com
722 Posts
Bode Miller is an idiot, speaking the truth about the dumb things hes done doesnt give him sorta nobility tag. I know Bonds took steroids, anyone looking at the cap size of that fool over the years can see something is going on but I don't actually have medical proof to back that up.

Bode is somewhat of a celeb so for him to come out and say it without any proof and state his opinion of what "might" have been happening is just a publicity ploy. I thought he was gonna come out with hard evidence and say hey i know the drug dealer Bonds and Armstrong used and the exact drug they use........

·
Registered
903 Posts
desispeed said:
Bode Miller is an idiot, speaking the truth about the dumb things hes done doesnt give him sorta nobility tag. I know Bonds took steroids, anyone looking at the cap size of that fool over the years can see something is going on but I don't actually have medical proof to back that up.

Bode is somewhat of a celeb so for him to come out and say it without any proof and state his opinion of what "might" have been happening is just a publicity ploy. I thought he was gonna come out with hard evidence and say hey i know the drug dealer Bonds and Armstrong used and the exact drug they use........
I never said I admired him or thought he was a role model or model american citizen. He's nothing more than what he is: a down to earth ski bum. he's not awsome, but at least he's honest, a quality that is severely lacking in professional sports these days.

·
B cuz I got it like that.
2,835 Posts
Bode Miller is cool with me. He won a gold metal in downhill this year.. a first for an American I believe... and the sports news... like barely even covered it. I read it in like a sports briefs 2 sentence message in a paper.

I never was a strong believer in all this off-the-slopes training and diet... what counts is when your on your skis... thats it... its you, the course, the elements, and your own finess.... I highly doubt what I ate for the past 2 months has anything to do with the sport... nor does running 5-8 miles a day like a nutbag.. like other teams do. The course is usually less then 4 minutes... if you were cruising down... and not acting like a tomahawk missle the whole way down. How can you possibly lose breath... f' running.
Bode Miller brings back the old school... a skier... skiing... THATS IT.

But I love Tanner Hall a lot more... my god... download: Ski Movie III - the Front Line

1 - 11 of 11 Posts