Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
I'm back baby!
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I found this 93 for 5500 bucks... The guy said he could come down a few hundred for some minor scratches in the paint.

The front

The rear

The dash (ahhh 5 speed... nothing but)

The guy is the second owner (bought it in 96) and carfax came back clean as a whistle with a 5000 dollar accuracy guarantee. The current owner took it to the dealer for all the maintenance and has only had minor damage to the driver door (one required replacing the door skin) and he asked the dealership to point out anything that would be worth noting to a prospective buyer.

The lude is bone stock exceptfor what looks like a pioneer cassette deck (I e-mailed him and asked about it) And from what I can tell was taken very good care of. I think they guy selling it is a rather tame driver (just a feeling from the way he talks) so I don't think it's been abused over it's 98,000 miles.

Should I go for it? or wait for a 4WS to come my way? I really want a 4WS (the first lude I fel in love with was a 92 4WS) or should I count my blessings and go for it?

If I do go for it, what are some things I should look out for?

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
Is that a blue/black interior??? I wouldn't like blue interior if thats what it is, but other than that it looks to be in awesome shape. I'd say go for it.

·
Unregistered
4,055 Posts
yea, the blue / black interior is a bit awkward, but looks good for the price

any engine pics?

oh, don't judge how a person drives by how they act. hehe, im that quiet guy you see in class who hardly socializes, yet i haul ass everywhere i go :D

·
one day...
794 Posts
sounds like a damn good deal to me... blue dash is a little funny but i say go for it...

I looked around for 3 months before i found my 93 Si with 100k miles for $4850, and it had a few problems with the paint, which have now gotten bigger, grrrrr.... but 5 grand sounds like a good price for that lude.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
its got the ugly blue interior but you can get some of this special dye to turn in black. i you want a silver car sounds like a good deal.

·
I'm back baby!
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
man I hadn't noticed the blue dash.... I will have to ask him to make sure.. I can live with it, but I would really prefer a black one... how hard is it to dye the vinyl?

And Im also not crazy about silver, but it's better than that freaky teal color, and I plan on painting it eventually anyways...

·
I'm back baby!
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I just checked the ad again, and yes it is the blue interior.

Anyone got any good pics of that blue interior? I would like to see just how blue it is.

Thanks

·
Registered
777 Posts
go ahead and pick it up...if dyeing the dash isn't hard. Also now it gives you a reason to put in a 94-96 full interior :) goodluck let us know

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
blue is NOT bad, it gives the interior some color and character....although it is a lot different than black, i am pleased with mine!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Absolut said:

Thats Brittney Blue-Green Metallic :malken:

Besides mine, I have only seen 4 other 4WS 4th Gens, all BBGM. :cool:
At the Van Nuys meet Jordan was there and his 4ws is red. You were at the meet too btw.

·
I'm back baby!
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If I could just go see it I would, but it's 100 miles from me, and I want to be sure I can actually pay for it before I take such a long trip...

I know I would prefer the 94 - 96 interior better, but at this point I just want a lude...

maybe I will have to find a wrecked 96 and swap the interior out like conclude said.....

·
Unregistered
4,055 Posts
the weird thing about the blue is that the plastic a/c trim and some other parts are still black, so it looks kinda :twitch:

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
fleshbox said:
If I could just go see it I would, but it's 100 miles from me, and I want to be sure I can actually pay for it before I take such a long trip...

I know I would prefer the 94 - 96 interior better, but at this point I just want a lude...

maybe I will have to find a wrecked 96 and swap the interior out like conclude said.....
94-96 interior is almost the same. the reason its blue is because its silver car.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
fleshbox said:
And Im also not crazy about silver, but it's better than that freaky teal color, and I plan on painting it eventually anyways...
and hey, at least its not a Barney Purple color either :p

the silver looks good on a 4th gen... i would say go for it, its a good deal. :)

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
Lucke said:

and hey, at least its not a Barney Purple color either :p

the silver looks good on a 4th gen... i would say go for it, its a good deal. :)
:malken: Fresco Blue is the best. Isn't your paint faded to hell? Yeah...Fresco Blue doesn't fade.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
yeah my paint is faded, but then again, people also hate being beaten by what looks like a beater car :p

plus when it was new it was an az car, then shipped out to hi, then back and never garaged... of coarse it will fade...

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
fleshbox said:
man I hadn't noticed the blue dash.... I will have to ask him to make sure.. I can live with it, but I would really prefer a black one... how hard is it to dye the vinyl?

Freaky teal color? Man, I get nothing but love for the color of my car--blue green azure. It's actually considered one of Honda's rarer colors... But, to each their own.

J

·
I'm back baby!
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
SLICK96 said:

Freaky teal color? Man, I get nothing but love for the color of my car--blue green azure. It's actually considered one of Honda's rarer colors... But, to each their own.

J
Naw I dig your color..

Its that brittney blue green metalic whatever color I dont really care for too much......

Anyways, The guys brother totalled his car over the weekend so he is gonna sell the lude to him. I understand and all but what a bummer... :(

Well, I guess now I get to spend more time looking for a 4WS :bigthumb:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Silver is beautiful... That's my fav color... it looks clean... expensive... but yet catches the eye... kinda looks like mine... but mine has black interior :):):)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts