Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried meguiars wax for the first time today while it is nice out. I usually use zymol and just wanted to try this out. When I initially finished it looked great, but a couple hours later I come out and there are little spots all over the car. It looks like just after a mist would go onto it, but it wouldnt wipe off with my finger when I ran it across. I had to go and buff it pretty hard with a tshirt to get it off. It looks good again now but why did it do this? Anyone else have a problem like this?:confused:

·
>> Tragedy For You <<
725 Posts
I had a problem like that when I used some of their cleaner/wax that comes in the little round tin cans...

I have never had a problem with their Gold Class liquid wax, however, which is what I've been using for the past 2-3 years..

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Modern Angel said:
I had a problem like that when I used some of their cleaner/wax that comes in the little round tin cans...

I have never had a problem with their Gold Class liquid wax, however, which is what I've been using for the past 2-3 years..
Interesting, I used the paste stuff in the can also and had that problem. Maybe I will try the liquid wax. I might also go back to zymol, that stuff is awesome also.

·
Vu Nguyen
3,506 Posts
You didn't happen to use a tire shine spray can did you? If you did, the stuff that flies around after you spray leaves spots - that sound like what you had.

I've never had a problem with my Meguiar's gold class liquid wax.

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
If you want a good Meguiars wax, I'd stick with Gold Class liquid wax. Its really nice to work with and gives great results. I'd stay away from paste waxes unless you're buying the really expensive stuff. Liquid wax is generally easier to apply and goes a long way. On the other hand, I used Zymol a few times when I first got my Prelude and it smells nicer than Gold Class ;)

·
Third time is a charm.
1,144 Posts
zymol is a paste right?

you wouldnt be able to use a spray with a buffer would you??

·
Putt Putt...Vroom Vroom!
2,821 Posts
woah...i didn't see that you said you used a t-shirt....dude, go buy yourself some good 100% cotton towels or even better microfiber towels.

·
Vu Nguyen
3,506 Posts
What? Did I miss something? He must've erased the post..

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
Zymol comes in paste and liquid. The only time I have seen their paste is on the website, www.zymol.com You can get their low-end liquid wax at WalMart (its pretty good stuff, I just call it 'low-end' because their paste on the website costs over 10x as much as this liquid wax). If I remember correctly, Zymol is 100% organic which is kinda neat if you're an environmentally friendly type person.

I wouldn't say t-shirts are that bad. 100% cotton t-shirts that are old (been washed many times) are usually really soft and gentle as long as they are plain (no ironed on graphics or writing, etc).

·
¡¡¡ǝɹǝɥ sɐʍ sdnʇuǝɯǝɔ
5,891 Posts
You can use t-shirts. They just can't be washed/dried with fabric softner. Fabric Softer left on your cotton can scratch your paint. Any cotton terrry towels or applicators or anything of the like that you would reuse should never be washed or dried with fabric softener.

·
¡¡¡ǝɹǝɥ sɐʍ sdnʇuǝɯǝɔ
5,891 Posts
yes, you can NOT use fabric softener though. I even clarified this with Maguire's the other week when i talked to them. I've been doing it for years. Especially their new detailiing clothes are supposd to be good for 500 some uses. How do you get that many uses out of them with out washing them? And do you thiunk detiling shops buy new towels all the time or what?

·
Registered
46 Posts
cementups said:
You can use t-shirts.
You can use whatever you want. Use a 3M scrubbing pad if you want, but a T-Shirt is the *LAST* thing I would even DREAM of using on my car. Period. Especially on black.

Go MF. Only way to go.

·
¡¡¡ǝɹǝɥ sɐʍ sdnʇuǝɯǝɔ
5,891 Posts
I didn't say i use them but you can/. I use terry cloth my self to remove wax and a polishing pad on my polisher to apply wax.

i was merly answerin the question about using t-shirts not preaching what I use.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts