Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, a bunch of people were hanging out at our normal spot until being ran off by cops :sad: so we are all going to one of the other places to hang out around town. i stopped at a light beside this red 94+ integra with two guys in it. we both looked at each other. when the light turned green we both took off slow in first at rode it out waiting for the other to punch it. finally he punched it at about 4-5k rpm. while we were side by side...i then realized it was charged and puched it when my front tire was about at his door handle. from 1st to about 75 in 3rd(damn didnt get to use 3rd gear lol...it was 45 mph zone.) we were side by side. i talked to him after we were stopped he said he had i/h/e/clutch/jrsc w/ 9lb. pulley. i was kinda happy to hear this anyone know the times these are suppose to run? if we would have launched from a start do you think i could have pulled a lil bit and rode 3rd gear pulled a little more?

·
Retired, sorta
4,968 Posts
interseting.. i'd think that the integra woulda done a lot more than that with a jrsc..

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ludatic said:
interseting.. i'd think that the integra woulda done a lot more than that with a jrsc..
the gsr in a mag only turned 14.9 w/ bad traction/speakers blah blah blah
but i had broke motor mount/auto ecu in 5 spd car/toolbox/1.5 weeks worth of clothes 4 pair of shoes my g/f with me blah blah blah lol

oh btw the car was an ls not a gsr though. :shrug:

·
Registered
722 Posts
If his car was tuned then something doesn't add up. A 9psi JRSC Teg is ~220+whp car. Definitely capable of mid 13's, maybe lower. He should have walked you bad. So either he can't drive to save his life or his car has something wrong with it.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
bkw97lude said:
If his car was tuned then something doesn't add up. A 9psi JRSC Teg is ~220+whp car. Definitely capable of mid 13's, maybe lower. He should have walked you bad. So either he can't drive to save his life or his car has something wrong with it.
but that is only if it is a GSR or TYPE R model, he ran an LS, which is considerablly lower in power as we all know.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
makavelli1227 said:

but that is only if it is a GSR or TYPE R model, he ran an LS, which is considerablly lower in power as we all know.
actually the lower compression integra ls responds to boost a lot better. for example a properly tuned LS @ 12psi puts down around 280whp and tq vs its 140hp crank rating! impressive huh :)

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
99Prelude_LC said:

actually the lower compression integra ls responds to boost a lot better. for example a properly tuned LS @ 12psi puts down around 280whp and tq vs its 140hp crank rating! impressive huh :)
no not really.

·
Registered
722 Posts
The LS motor Doesn't respond very well to the S/C. I think it's because they don't get the M62 blower. But even if the Integra was an LS and was at 9psi. It would still be a mid 14 second car. Possibly better than that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts