Honda Prelude Online banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
SHLUDE
163 Posts
Got a photographer. Hes the same guy that tooks the pictures of my lude in the members car forum on here. If you want go check out his other stuff.

www.photobucket.com search for CorCor4u...You will know its the right one because he will have a Lude and Mustang 281 folder.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I'm glad to see all the enthusiasm =] I don't have a date set yet but I know it will be sometime in May or so. I am open to suggestions on date and location. Please keep in mind with regard to your suggestions, the lot needs to be:

-large
-well lit
-central to DC area (within 45min from city)
-legal, as in we won't be pestered by the cops for having a million cars meet up

Currently, Autokrats is trying to find a large lot (minus cops) for meets in central/southern MD, so once we do, this could be a possibility for the Prelude meet.

madcatz: how big is the VAPOG meet? Chesterfield is a little far south for people in MD.

mike: glad you've heard about AK =] We will be starting up meets again in about a month. We are thinking about having a dyno day with food/contests

·
SHLUDE
163 Posts
http://www.dragva.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2047604#post2047604

Its gonna get big now I bet. This is a forum just for VA people.

If the Ukrops falls through Ill think of some more places. Im gonna check with the owner today and see what he has to say. What would be some good things to say about it? So far Im thinking of a community college I go to or there is also a K-mart that has been closed down with a huge parking lot and lights. Its less than 10 miles west of the Ukrops. Im sure we could meet there with no problem.

Edit:
I wrote up something rather quick to send to Ukrops via E-mail. What do you think?

To whom it may concern,
I was wondering if it would be alright if on April 2nd (Sunday) some members of www.preludeonline.com and myself could hold a car meeting in the parking lot of the Chesterfield Towne Center Ukrops. This meet will include Honda Prelude owners from Virginia , DC and Maryland area. I can assure you that no damaging of property or any kinds of 'street racing' will be taking place, we are only looking to meet up in the parking lot. This is an opportunity for us to meet members from various car forums online and we need a place to meet together and were wondering if you could provide us with such a service. Thank you for your time.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
blazefast: yea i only went up there once cause i talked my friend darren into coming w/ me. i suppose i could try and make some more...dude we should meet up in college park at prince cafe and chill for a bit then go up to autokrats meet or something lol.

ghostlude: you're a newb the beltway is fine-lol. i drive up to college park like every weekend.

·
Registered
27 Posts
videogmike said:
ghostlude: you're a newb the beltway is fine-lol. i drive up to college park like every weekend.
ehh.... the point is it's not so much "the beltway", because yeah - most freeway travel isn't a big deal and cops don't really bother pulling you over there. it just really makes a difference once you get into municipalities and such. i live in burke, which is about 5 minutes from fairfax city (with good traffic), so i'm in the lion's den basically and it isn't fun.

i mean i'll go somewhere around fairfax, i'm just saying it'd be downright irresponsible to recommend anyone to go there for a car meet unless everyone had a few hundred dollars for as many no front license plate / illegal exhaust / modified suspension / tint / etc. tickets you are willing to receive.

·
epicifying since 09!
1,588 Posts
we have about 5 that will make it to the April 2 meet that I know of....

I wont drive to DC since it is about a 3 hour trip for me....I am south East Virginia..... It takes me about 3 hours to get to Waldorf, then another hour past that to get to central DC.....I say the richmond area is good, its directly off of 95, central to VA, and you can get some southern MD guys to attend....

thats just my .02

if you dont want to do it then I cant promise I can get the VAPOG to meet up......

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
lol i figure i'll head on down to hampton roads and we can drive together or something lol

·
SHLUDE
163 Posts
Alright e-mail responded within 20 min, not bad if I do say so. Sounds pretty godo so far.

Sounds exciting. I'm not sure we can give the okay on this. We rent the store location and the parking area in front of our stores is "jointly" shared with others in the center. I'm checking with our general manager to see if we can get permission from the owner.

·
SHLUDE
163 Posts
41 - 51 of 51 Posts