Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone wants to have some great security for your Prelude, this is what I thought of doing down the road when I'm done with all my mods and have an extra $1000+ lying around. All you need is a time lapse VCR and two lipstick cams. I work with digital video and video in general, so I was thinking of this mod. Place the time laspe vcr in the trunk, wire to lipstick cams from anywhere in your car, and record up to 24hrs on a single vhs tape. Just let it run when you go places and all. It would be a sweet thing to do. Screw all the audio crap in the back, get some video mods on the lude.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Better hope the immobilizer works
good idea though but you'll need a lot of tape

------------------

Pearl White
00'SS

·
Registered
235 Posts
I need a DVX system! The most hightech system that you can offer.

email me [email protected] or just reply to the email I just sent your AOL account! Thanks.

Oh and back on Topic...How would you power this thing? Auxiliary battery? Wouldn't something like that just add undue wieght to your ride?

------------------
SlntSam

2000 Base, Sebring Silver
Member - Toronto Prelude Club

"The General" :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well VHS tapes aren't that much, you can get a pack of 12 for $9.99. if you can run 24hrs on a tape w/ a time lapse VCR, and if you record while away and all, you won't go through that much tape.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
also, the weight thing, it would weigh nothing. Lipstick cams are tiny, hence the name, a vcr is a vcr, not too heavy. Putting amps and huge subs in your car for dumb audio, now that's something that will weigh you down.

·
PO.com veteran
3,124 Posts
I may be wrong, but doesn't Toad make an in-car security camera??

------------------
93 VTEC 4WS & TC (JDM)
"and on the seventh day, God created VTEC"

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
how about increasing your insurance premiums so that if something does go wrong, you are fully covered?

·
PO.com veteran
3,124 Posts
Another thing....
The best security device is a tracking system, preferably the 24hr monitoring version. A friend of mine had one fitted to his car and the car was stolen. The system detected the theft and notified the control center who in turn notified the police (who are equipped with tracking systems to pinpoint the location of the car) and it was found within 20 minutes with the scum still inside the car.
Nothing can beat that kind of security.

------------------
93 VTEC 4WS & TC (JDM)
"and on the seventh day, God created VTEC"

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've never heard of anything like that, it must be some U.K. James Bond device never released in America.
)

·
Registered
857 Posts
By the time you spend all that money on hidden digital cams...tapes to record...etc you could probably buy a S2000 or something...hahaha

·
Registered
123 Posts
You know what, I always wanted to install an alarm that, when it would go off, there would be a recorded voice saying "Free money, free money, free money!" while the siren is blaring. Why? To attract attention of course! I also thought of "free sex, free sex! etc. And on the inside, I would put super bright strobes which would constantly flash and totally annoy the would-be thief. Hahaha, if he's trying to steal the radio, you can put a small flash there too. I'm just amusing myself now. hahahaha... blind as a bat.

slick

·
Registered
725 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by slickshifter:
And on the inside, I would put super bright strobes which would constantly flash and totally annoy the would-be thief. Hahaha, if he's trying to steal the radio, you can put a small flash there too. I'm just amusing myself now. hahahaha... blind as a bat.

slick
</font>
You could just hook up a couple of piezo sirens to your alarm and hide it in your dash. I had this setup on my Civic and it was LOUD!! I'd feel sorry for a thief who got caught in the car with those two babies going off. Unless the strobe is hooked to the underside of the steering column, it won't be much help. I say its easier to make them deaf than blind.

------------------
'00 Prelude
Black 5spd

·
Registered
983 Posts
has anyone seen the one documentary on security systems in somewhere in africa or south america or something, and the kit that was documented strapped flame throwers to the side of the car, and with the push of a button from inside the car, it would activate the torch, scorching anything close to the side of the car, hopefully to burn a potential car jacker. Thought it would be amusing to have something like that in the states
Can you say road rage? hehe

------------------

99' Pearl White Prelude
CF Hood
Mugen replica body kit (Front bumper getting repaired)
SFII front bumper
Neuspeed sport springs
Injen Intake, Racing medallion Exhaust
Apex'i V-AFC
Sony CDX-M650 head unit

·
Registered
838 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by U.K VTEC:
Another thing....
The best security device is a tracking system, preferably the 24hr monitoring version. A friend of mine had one fitted to his car and the car was stolen. The system detected the theft and notified the control center who in turn notified the police (who are equipped with tracking systems to pinpoint the location of the car) and it was found within 20 minutes with the scum still inside the car.

</font>
Actually, I believe this GPS tracking system is available in Canada. Well, not sure about other provinces, but in Ontario, it's available. Sort of like a small tracking device you place in your car and when it gets stolen, will notify the police. Now, the bad thing about this is, you have to pay a monthly fees for these kinda things. So, you decide if it's worth it.

------------------

------------------
Toronto PreLude Club

·
Registered
328 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by U.K VTEC:
Another thing....

</font>
LO-JACK???? i think that's what it's called

------------------

·
Registered
338 Posts
Maximum Security you ask?

One Word "BullDOG".
It's a cheap mod. Just leave about 1" of window down for air!

Anyone want to mess with the Lude?

[This message has been edited by 98SHDiamond (edited April 17, 2001).]

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by geotropic:
I've never heard of anything like that, it must be some U.K. James Bond device never released in America.
)
</font>
what??! ever heard of LOW JACK? OnStar?? and im sure there r a few others in this business but not as popular.

those radar things dont work here. first of all in order for it to really work well, u gota catch the car missing asap after its stolen. THEN u gota contact people that just chains to other people and finally to the cops. THEN the cops gota actually put effort in finding it.

people dont steal cars and keep them. they strip them up and sell the parts. by the time u notice ur cars gone it will already be buck naked on a street somewhere.

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
PERFORMANCE MODS:
-AEM CAI (silver)-DC Sports CC 4-2-1 Headers
-Tanabe Racing Medalion -UR pulleys SS (3 piece)
-Apexi V-AFC -Autometer A/F gauge -Autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit *no more performance mods will be added*
NON-PERFORMANCE:
-Panasonic CQ-DF800U
screen name: CBFORMULA

1 - 20 of 21 Posts