Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, question :

mugen indicates that you need their lug nut set for the mx3z rims. while i can see that the stock ones won't work, do i need to waste $80 (and a week or two to get) for the mugen ones, or will other tapered lugs work too?

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope; they're in seattle, just want to have the correct lug nuts when they arrive.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by preludepower99:
You got ur rims already?</font>

·
Hon hon hon
3,261 Posts
Back from the dead...

Anybody know what kind of lugs can be used with these rims, besides the aforementioned Mugens??

Also curious what tire sizes people are running on these (I'm guessing 215 40's)

·
Registered
372 Posts
if they are tapered, than any acorn style lug nuts with flat surfaces should suffice...stock lug nuts will not work because the seats have a slight curvature (ball/radius type) to them, thus an improper contact surface...
like this picture here...

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
I bought the mugen lug nut set to add to the appeal.

I was disappointed in the mugen lug nut set since they don't even say mugen on the actual lug nuts, unlike the rays engineering. :(

Off topic, how hard was it to instal the center caps on the mz3x rims? Any tips?

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Xx D-MAN xX said:
I bought the mugen lug nut set to add to the appeal.

I was disappointed in the mugen lug nut set since they don't even say mugen on the actual lug nuts, unlike the rays engineering. :(

Off topic, how hard was it to instal the center caps on the mz3x rims? Any tips?
just force them in

·
¡¡¡ǝɹǝɥ sɐʍ sdnʇuǝɯǝɔ
5,889 Posts
Xx D-MAN xX said:
Just set it on the center off the rim and bop it on there with a rubber mallet

·
Still a Mugen Whore..Damn
169 Posts
I ordered new center caps for mine and yep, you just force then in!

I like the fact that the lugs don't say Mugen on them. Very non-descript!

By the way, nice rims!

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Back from the dead...

Since the mugen mz3x rims won't clear my spoon sports dc2 calipers, I might have to get extended hub studs installed.

I will need to get a set of open ended lug nuts. What will work with the mugen rims?

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts