Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
now these are one of the 09 V6 models not V8/cobra/GT..etc. he had a lot of riced out aftermarket parts all over the car and it was yellow so it cought my eye as i was cruising on the highway. i drive next to him and i see his hot GF in the pas. seat, she smiles at me while i was lookin and the guy just dumps the throttle and goes but it doesnt even pull that hard so i waited and gave him about 3-4 car lengths, dumped 3rd, opened up the throttle and let loose. I caught up fast, banged 4rth, and at this point i'm next to him again while he is flooring it, i stay with him on purpose for a bit and i punch it as well passing him easily as i shift into 5th and at this point i'm going 240km/h. i thought he wouldve put up a good run at least but it was pathetic.

·
Amanda's biatch
2,018 Posts
Funny. I raced one this weekend also, and spanked him.. Car sounded SICK though. Sounded like a freaking VQ motor... He had a bit more done though and we both had a passenger. He still lost.

·
Registered
103 Posts
good job man! Ive raced two of these bad boys so far. one was a 2008 v6 with the 5spd. i pulled on him pretty well. right on past :D and a couple of days ago i raced another 2008 v6 auto with catback exhaust and intake. he was even easier. its all about power to weight and if i could give a message to either of these mustang owners...fake hood scoops and racing stripes dont make your 4.0 liter FAIL any faster :) dont quite see why ford can only pull what 215hp out of 4 liters. that just makes me laugh

·
Registered
485 Posts
good job man! Ive raced two of these bad boys so far. one was a 2008 v6 with the 5spd. i pulled on him pretty well. right on past :D and a couple of days ago i raced another 2008 v6 auto with catback exhaust and intake. he was even easier. its all about power to weight and if i could give a message to either of these mustang owners...fake hood scoops and racing stripes dont make your 4.0 liter FAIL any faster :) dont quite see why ford can only pull what 215hp out of 4 liters. that just makes me laugh
i think the v6 only produces 210 hp. WOW that is PATHETIC PATHETIC PATHETIC!!!!! not only does it have more cylinders, it also has a higher displacment per cylinder than the h22.

·
Registered
197 Posts
2010 Mustang v6's will sport a 300-305 hp v6. More than a 2005-07 gt.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hey aboone, I read your thread the other day and i still cant believe you only managed 164 hp with a built motor! Im not dissing or anything but I really encourage you to replace your tstat and get your ride retuned! Im expecting 170-180whp with just AEM CAI, Hytech rep header, magnaflow hi flow cat, 2.5in piping and 14 in magnaflow muffler, tuned with an Apexi VAFC. I have talked to MANY people about this and 170-180 is an extremely realistic goal for me, and this is all with a stock motor.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Hey aboone, I read your thread the other day and i still cant believe you only managed 164 hp with a built motor! Im not dissing or anything but I really encourage you to replace your tstat and get your ride retuned! Im expecting 170-180whp with just AEM CAI, Hytech rep header, magnaflow hi flow cat, 2.5in piping and 14 in magnaflow muffler, tuned with an Apexi VAFC. I have talked to MANY people about this and 170-180 is an extremely realistic goal for me, and this is all with a stock motor.
ya i was a little disappointed myself but my lude has over 170k miles on it so thats the only thing i can think of as to why its not as much power as i thought.also i have lower compression pistons b/c the previous owner was going to turbo the car.if i changed that then it would be much better but i dont have the cash to tear apart my motor and change them out.plus my lude is my only car and DD so i cant have it laying apart in a shop or in my driveway for a bout a week:(

·
Registered
103 Posts
dude that sucks. if you do decide to do the job or get it done you should go with the pistons from the type s. thats one of the jdm motors i believe. produces 220 hp and the only diff from it and the regular H22 is the HC pistons. but for right now. i would say take a look at the tune and if your dyno is still bad try doing maintenance type things. clean the throttle body. check for vaccum leaks. adjust valves. you know, the fun stuff lol

·
Registered
598 Posts
ya i will the other problem is that i really want to save up and buy a motorcycle but its soooo hard to save money when u could spend it on your lude as well:laugh:.i was lookin at possibly getting a skunk2 IM and TB but again trying to save for a bike so idk what im going to do at this point.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts