Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, do other lude owners go to such extreme's to clean every nook and cranee <-sp?) to make sure there rides are look'n good for this spring? Call me crazy but this is what I have planned for my baby to make her all pretty after this b*tch a$$ of a winter that just passed

- Remove seats / Steam clean
- Remove Carpet / Steam clean (thankfully
still "fluffy" after ten years)
- Remove rear seat's / Steam clean
- Remove centre console / Clean inside out
- Remove door panels / Nasty ass crap must
go in those side pockets...blah!
- Remove floormat's / Steam clean
- Clean all interior trim
- Armorall everything that used to shine
- Clean air vent's
- Replace shot anttenna...RIP 1991-2001
- Undercoat the bottom / 4 layers
- Shine muffler / tips with metal pollish
- Clean all wheels / in and out
- Spray down engine compartment / Degrease
- Check for burnt bulbs
- Top up fluid levels
- Dress up engine compartment
- High speed pollish the exterior clear
coat/ Remove all swirls / add 3 new layers
of wax
- Put everything back in...

Now, I know that's going overboard but damn it...it's worth it! Am I the only one this insane???

------------------

if u expect disappointment...u will never be disappointed

·
Registered
327 Posts
I've done that with every car I've owned. I just steam cleaned everything in my lude yesterday. This is very important when you have a tan interior. The seats are only 4 bolts, no big deal. The exterior gets done friday and the engine later. So yes is the answer.

Daniel

grnlude97

·
Registered
332 Posts
umm a little extreme with the removing of the seats. just wash your floormats and vacuum the rest. clean the trim and wash/wax exterior and engine. thats all! 3 layers of wax????

·
Registered
327 Posts
Removing the seats is not hard or time consuming at all. It's much easier to clean them outside of the car.

Usually the exterior of my car takes about 10 hours to do. But it turns out really nice!

Oh and I would suggest not power washing the motor. You need to cover the distributor, coil, and all other electrical equipment. Use an engine degreaser and a rag you don't mind ruining. That should do the trick.

Daniel

grnlude97

1 - 5 of 5 Posts