Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just recently my ludes been leeking little patches of oil on the ground usually when i start it i think any idea what it might be?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I dont mean to sound like a jerk but no one is going to respond to your question. you have to investigate it yourself and trying doing a search on what seal or gasket it could be once you've possibly located the area on the engine.
Try being more specific and doing some homework on your own first, it just doesnt get handed to you here. GL with your problem.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i know i wasnt looking for a specific answer i was just wondering some of the things that it could possibly be so i would no were to look if you know what i mean?

·
BB6'n till R34'n
6,093 Posts
It could be one of the many seals, the head gasket, the valve cover, the oil drain plug, the oil pan, the oil filter, etc, etc.

Best thing to do is crawl under and try to find the source.

·
Banned
57 Posts
It could be one of the many seals, the head gasket, the valve cover, the oil drain plug, the oil pan, the oil filter, etc, etc.

Best thing to do is crawl under and try to find the source.
yes.. you need to investigate for yourself first then from on there we can help you out for your options..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright i have some more info i brought it to a mechanic today and he told me its leaking from 3 different spots the valve cover, the head gasket and the oil filter he told me that im better off just to keep putting oil in it every once in a while and that most of the oil was leeking from the oil filter so he said he would just do an oil change for now what do you guys think?

·
Unregistered
4,054 Posts
Find a new mechanic. If indeed it is leaking at / near the filter, it could be the oil cooler o-ring... The oil cooler has an o-ring that tends to get brittle, crack, and leak, oftentimes a good amount of oil, so this may not be it. The oil cooler is where the filter screws onto. That part comes off and the o-ring is behind that... search, this has been covered quite a bit.

The valve cover is an easy fix.

So there's potential to easily fix 2 out of 3 supposed leaks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ever since i changed the oil filter it hasnt been leeking oil on the ground

1 - 8 of 8 Posts